Hair

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Claire Petersky, Mar 27, 2003.

  1. Dave Jackson

    Dave Jackson Guest

    Ok Claire, I'll put my 2 cents in.

    Grow your hair out. I finally got my wife talked into growing hers out like it was before
    we had kids.

    Dave in Minnesota

  2. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Luigi de
    Guzman) wrote:

    > > would work for you though. Men with crew cuts look military. Women with crew cuts look like
    > > concentration camp inmates.
    >
    > With the *notable* exception of Renee Falconetti in "The Passion of Joan of Arc" (C.T. Dreyer,
    > director; 1928).
    >
    > Go with Audrey.
    >
    > -Luigi
    >
    > "Your cuteness wol slee me sodenly, The beautee of it I might not sustene"
    >
    > - apologies to Geoff Chaucer

    Some women can get away with it- I am not one of those! I look much better with longer hair, but I
    wear headsweats to keep it out of my face on rides. It's not long enough for ponytails.

    Cute blond women can wear hair very short- they never look like concentration camp inmates. Think of
    the Jean Seberg look. I don't have that look, so short hair like that was not for me.

  3. Terry Morse <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Is your hair long enough for a pony tail yet? A pony tail, sticking out the hole between the
    > helmet and the helmet strap thingy, is very cute. The same look works great when wearing a
    > baseball cap.

    When I grow out my hair, I have lots and lots of it. I have Big Hair without any teasing or
    hairspray. My hair is so big that Country Music Stars are jealous. My hair is so big that I need a
    wide-angle lens for my photos. My hair is so big that I had to buy a car with a sunroof. (tip o' the
    hat to Sheila Moss...)

    If I try to gather it all up into a single ponytail, there is not enough room through any slot at
    the back of the helmet for the hair to go. Trust me on this.

    Even worse, I had to cancel my appointment with the hair stylist -- I was supposed to see her on
    Wednesday. So it's back to pigtails for now.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire "Big Hair" Petersky no sig today

  4. Kelly J.

    Kelly J. Guest

    > Terry Morse <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Is your hair long enough for a pony tail yet? A pony tail, sticking out the hole between the
    > > helmet and the helmet strap thingy, is very cute. The same look works great when wearing a
    > > baseball cap.
    >
    > When I grow out my hair, I have lots and lots of it. I have Big Hair without any teasing or
    > hairspray. My hair is so big that Country Music Stars are jealous. My hair is so big that I need a
    > wide-angle lens for my photos. My hair is so big that I had to buy a car with a sunroof. (tip o'
    > the hat to Sheila Moss...)
    >
    > If I try to gather it all up into a single ponytail, there is not enough room through any slot at
    > the back of the helmet for the hair to go. Trust me on this.
    >
    > Even worse, I had to cancel my appointment with the hair stylist -- I was supposed to see her on
    > Wednesday. So it's back to pigtails for now.
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    >
    > Claire "Big Hair" Petersky no sig today

    I'm with the long haired ladies. It doesn't bother me, or get in my way. My hair is pretty thick,
    too, but not like what you describe...lol.

    Kelly

  5. H. M. Leary

    H. M. Leary Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Claire
    Petersky) wrote:

    > Terry Morse <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    > > Is your hair long enough for a pony tail yet? A pony tail, sticking out the hole between the
    > > helmet and the helmet strap thingy, is very cute. The same look works great when wearing a
    > > baseball cap.
    >
    > When I grow out my hair, I have lots and lots of it. I have Big Hair without any teasing or
    > hairspray. My hair is so big that Country Music Stars are jealous. My hair is so big that I need a
    > wide-angle lens for my photos. My hair is so big that I had to buy a car with a sunroof. (tip o'
    > the hat to Sheila Moss...)
    >
    > If I try to gather it all up into a single ponytail, there is not enough room through any slot at
    > the back of the helmet for the hair to go. Trust me on this.
    >
    > Even worse, I had to cancel my appointment with the hair stylist -- I was supposed to see her on
    > Wednesday. So it's back to pigtails for now.
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    >
    > Claire "Big Hair" Petersky no sig today

    Dear Claire:

    If you ever get your hiar cut please send the clippings to me!

    When I coached girls softball, we had helmets that had an extended slot just for pony tails.

    HAND Mike ³no hair on top² Leary

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Claire
    Petersky) wrote:

    > Terry Morse <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Is your hair long enough for a pony tail yet? A pony tail, sticking out the hole between the
    > > helmet and the helmet strap thingy, is very cute. The same look works great when wearing a
    > > baseball cap.
    >
    > When I grow out my hair, I have lots and lots of it. I have Big Hair without any teasing or
    > hairspray. My hair is so big that Country Music Stars are jealous. My hair is so big that I need a
    > wide-angle lens for my photos. My hair is so big that I had to buy a car with a sunroof. (tip o'
    > the hat to Sheila Moss...)
    >
    > If I try to gather it all up into a single ponytail, there is not enough room through any slot at
    > the back of the helmet for the hair to go. Trust me on this.
    >
    > Even worse, I had to cancel my appointment with the hair stylist -- I was supposed to see her on
    > Wednesday. So it's back to pigtails for now.
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    >
    > Claire "Big Hair" Petersky no sig today

    LOL, me too, thick hair. WHen I get it cut, I have to ratchet in my helmet a couple of notches. My
    hair grows OUT more than down.

  7. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    I wrote:
    > I've gone with the Geraldine Ferraro/Diana Spencer/Jennifer Granholm look.....

    I find it very gratifying that all you folks seemingly know recognize the names (and hairstyles
    of the above-referenced wonder women. But in case you're shy, here's a link to the newest one:
    http://michigan.gov/gov.

    --Karen M. trimmed the mop just yesterday in anticipation of the summer-like temps this week!

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Karen
    M.) wrote:

    > I wrote:
    > > I've gone with the Geraldine Ferraro/Diana Spencer/Jennifer Granholm look.....
    >
    > I find it very gratifying that all you folks seemingly know recognize the names (and hairstyles
    > of the above-referenced wonder women. But in case you're shy, here's a link to the newest one:
    > http://michigan.gov/gov.
    >
    > --Karen M. trimmed the mop just yesterday in anticipation of the summer-like temps this week!

    How about the guys? When do you all start getting the cyclist bean shave? I remember noticing before
    the Tour last year that a lot of the riders had that cut, which makes sense in warm weather, when
    you may not be able to get a cut for a few weeks. I also call it the astronaut look, it sort of
    reminds me of those astronauts in the 60s.