Haircuts !

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Went to the local barber this morning and I noticed that he has increased his price from €12 to €15 for a dry cut : and from €15 to €18 for a wash and cut.

I asked him about the increases and he said "cost of livin', mate".
Fantastic.
20% increase, just like that.

In foreign exchange terms that £12.00 or $21.00 dollars for a hair cut.

What price do you lot pay?

In my local suburb, I pay $12 AUS. :D It was $10 last year.

I am sure we had a topic on this in Aus forums last year.

limerickman said:
Went to the local barber this morning and I noticed that he has increased his price from €12 to €15 for a dry cut : and from €15 to €18 for a wash and cut.

I asked him about the increases and he said "cost of livin', mate".
Fantastic.
20% increase, just like that.

In foreign exchange terms that £12.00 or $21.00 dollars for a hair cut.

What price do you lot pay?
About 20 AUD here

The cost of a couple of disposable razors a week.I objected to the cost of haircuts,which remained the same price although the quantity of hair to be cut diminished year by year.I shaved it all off 15 years ago.Much more aerodynamic!

Apologies for not including AUD/NZD/UAE Dirhams/Russian Roubles etc conversion rates.

My barber went up from US $11. to $12. recently. Meh, not bad.

About £20 for the shaver then thats it, military grade haircuts (numbers 1 through 10) until the shaver breaks. Got to have saved about a £100 over the past 5 years.

ryan_velo. said:
I haven't had hair cut in about 9 months.

"Oh the youth of today..........now in my day we were up at 5.30am........."

Continued on page 496.

limerickman said:
"Oh the youth of today..........now in my day we were up at 5.30am........."

Continued on page 496.
I pay nothing, my wife cuts mine
However its about 7-8 usd here in Texas

Supraman said:
I hope you consult a calendar before letting your wife get near you with a sharp object.

You can buy shavers quite cheap. In my case, my hair is on the way out so I just have a friend shave it like a military cut.
In all honesty, I have been considering a hair-piece so I can still score with the chicks. I think thinning hair is a real curse we guys have to put up with - even Prince Andrew is thinning.
If you spend big bucks, you can buy a hair-piece so authentic nobody knows you're a charlatan. :p

Supraman said:

I'm particular and I like it done well and right, so I pay US $30. Of course, I'm sure it's a fraction of what Cunego pays... his hair is always looking styled and colored.

Here in Cape Town the average HC is about R45/ ABOUT US$7.5 BUT THE BOUTIQUE CUT FOR THE LADS CAN SET YOU BACK R350/ABOUT $55,i suppose it’s about style. I like that old surfer look and probably go for a cheap haircut every 18 months,
I LIKE MY HAIR LONG.

Getting your locks shorn here can run from 8 dollars US up. I usually give them a ten dollar bill and tell them to keep the change.