Half IM gear on bike

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Ken, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Doing a couple of 1/2 IM this year. Got a compact TCR frame so not much space for pumps etc.

    This may sound a lame question but I would like to know what folk do with kit on a long distance
    race. In particular if you are carrying 2 bottles, under saddle bag with a couple of tubes and a few
    tools, a mini pump plus bars, gels etc - where are the best places on the bike to put it all?

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Ken) wrote:

    > Doing a couple of 1/2 IM this year. Got a compact TCR frame so not much space for pumps etc.
    >
    > This may sound a lame question but I would like to know what folk do with kit on a long distance
    > race. In particular if you are carrying 2 bottles, under saddle bag with a couple of tubes and a
    > few tools, a mini pump plus bars, gels etc - where are the best places on the bike to put it all?

    I put all of my food in my bike jersey.

    --Harold Buck

    - Homer J. Simpson

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Make use of Bikeholders like the Aero Pocket or Bento Box shown on the following link:

    http://www.tri-zone.com/Catalog/BikeHolders.html

    Pat

    "Ken" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > Doing a couple of 1/2 IM this year. Got a compact TCR frame so not much space for pumps etc.
    >
    > This may sound a lame question but I would like to know what folk do with kit on a long distance
    > race. In particular if you are carrying 2 bottles, under saddle bag with a couple of tubes and a
    > few tools, a mini pump plus bars, gels etc - where are the best places on the bike to put it all?
    >
    > Thanks.

  4. I agree - jersey and Bento box is all you need to carry your food and stuff. You might want to tie
    the tube under your saddle.

    Steve

    news:<[email protected]>...