Half IM gear on bike

K

Ken

Doing a couple of 1/2 IM this year. Got a compact TCR frame so not much space for pumps etc.

This may sound a lame question but I would like to know what folk do with kit on a long distance
race. In particular if you are carrying 2 bottles, under saddle bag with a couple of tubes and a few
tools, a mini pump plus bars, gels etc - where are the best places on the bike to put it all?

Thanks.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Ken) wrote:

> Doing a couple of 1/2 IM this year. Got a compact TCR frame so not much space for pumps etc.
>
> This may sound a lame question but I would like to know what folk do with kit on a long distance
> race. In particular if you are carrying 2 bottles, under saddle bag with a couple of tubes and a
> few tools, a mini pump plus bars, gels etc - where are the best places on the bike to put it all?

I put all of my food in my bike jersey.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day. Then it was every other day. . . ."

- Homer J. Simpson

Make use of Bikeholders like the Aero Pocket or Bento Box shown on the following link:

http://www.tri-zone.com/Catalog/BikeHolders.html

Pat

"Ken" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
> Doing a couple of 1/2 IM this year. Got a compact TCR frame so not much space for pumps etc.
>
> This may sound a lame question but I would like to know what folk do with kit on a long distance
> race. In particular if you are carrying 2 bottles, under saddle bag with a couple of tubes and a
> few tools, a mini pump plus bars, gels etc - where are the best places on the bike to put it all?
>
> Thanks.

I agree - jersey and Bento box is all you need to carry your food and stuff. You might want to tie
the tube under your saddle.

Steve

[email protected] (Ken) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>
>
> Thanks.