Halfords Cycle Computer - Wheel Setting

leeandmandy

Guest
I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
unfortunately lost the instructions.

Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

Try www.halfords.com see if they have the manuals online, or as a file that
you could download.

"leeandmandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
>unfortunately lost the instructions.
>
> Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

"leeandmandy" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
> unfortunately lost the instructions.
>
> Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

try 26 inch or measure distance between first en second touchdown point of
the valve to the ground

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Bert L,am wrote:
> "leeandmandy" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
>>unfortunately lost the instructions.
>>
>>Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

> try 26 inch or measure distance between first en second touchdown point of
> the valve to the ground

Thanks for replying. Yeah you're right, the size of the wheel is 26inch
(I checked today) although the number I need to input into the cycle
computer has four digits.

I spoke to a bloke down at Halfords last week who told me it was 2085,
althoug that was wrong.

"leeandmandy" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Bert L,am wrote:
> > "leeandmandy" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
> >>unfortunately lost the instructions.
> >>
> >>Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

> > try 26 inch or measure distance between first en second touchdown point

of
> > the valve to the ground
> >

> Thanks for replying. Yeah you're right, the size of the wheel is 26inch
> (I checked today) although the number I need to input into the cycle
> computer has four digits.
>
> I spoke to a bloke down at Halfords last week who told me it was 2085,
> althoug that was wrong.

You can choose between a "cm" and an "inch" setting, after which you can
enter a real size. (In my case 211,0 cm). I guess the same applies when you
want to enter a size in inches. (We live in the metric world, i.e main land
Europe).
There is another setting allowing you to choose between a hand full of
standard settings like 26 or 28 or 29 inch or tyre/wheel sizes like 650C and
700C etc..

The guy in the shop may have been referring to a wheel size in millimeters,
in which case 2,085 meter is about right but.....not a precise as the figure
suggests.

Bert .

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu