Halfords pricing

Bryan

Guest
Hi,

Coming pout of lurk mode for a change here.

Got my new bike delivered yesterday from Orbit (big thanks to the guys there as it was supposed to
come Thrusday). Because it arrived earlier than expected I havd no Allen keys to adjust saddle, bars
etc. Couldn't find any in the office, so as no LBS in Uxbridge that I know of, went to Halfords to
buy yet another set. Looked in the car tool section, found a set of 10 for 3.95, thought I'd check
the cycling section in case they just had a 4,5 and 6mm set, they did have a set, of 6 for 4.95!
When I asked why they were charging 1pound more for fewer Allen keys I was told 'I supose it's just
one of those things'.

Anyway new bike is great and will start the mamoth commute to work on it next week (when my tube
pass runs out!)

Bryan

"Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> .... Looked in the car tool section, found a set of 10 for 3.95, thought I'd check the cycling
> section in case they just had a 4,5 and 6mm set, they did have a set, of 6 for 4.95! When I asked
> why they were charging 1pound more for fewer Allen keys I was told 'I supose it's just one of
> those things'.

Were they the same brand and same quality?

out of interest how far is massive commute?

panda

"Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> Coming pout of lurk mode for a change here.
>
> Got my new bike delivered yesterday from Orbit (big thanks to the guys there as it was supposed to
> come Thrusday). Because it arrived earlier than expected I havd no Allen keys to adjust saddle,
> bars etc. Couldn't find any in the office, so as no LBS in Uxbridge that I know of, went to
> Halfords to buy yet another set. Looked in the car tool section, found a set of 10 for 3.95,
> thought I'd check the cycling section in case they just had a 4,5 and 6mm set, they did have a
> set, of 6 for 4.95! When I asked why they were charging 1pound more for fewer Allen keys I was
> told 'I supose it's just one of those things'.
>
> Anyway new bike is great and will start the mamoth commute to work on it next week (when my tube
> pass runs out!)
>
> Bryan

"panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> out of interest how far is massive commute?
>
> panda

about 30 miles each way across central London, and I haven't been riding for ages

As for the Allen keys, exactly the same, Halfords own make

"Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > out of interest how far is massive commute?
> >
> > panda
> >
> about 30 miles each way across central London, and I haven't been riding
for ages

> As for the Allen keys, exactly the same, Halfords own make

I dunno how old you are but I think that is a bit too much 4-5 hours in the saddle every day?