Halfords pricing

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bryan, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    Hi,

    Coming pout of lurk mode for a change here.

    Got my new bike delivered yesterday from Orbit (big thanks to the guys there as it was supposed to
    come Thrusday). Because it arrived earlier than expected I havd no Allen keys to adjust saddle, bars
    etc. Couldn't find any in the office, so as no LBS in Uxbridge that I know of, went to Halfords to
    buy yet another set. Looked in the car tool section, found a set of 10 for 3.95, thought I'd check
    the cycling section in case they just had a 4,5 and 6mm set, they did have a set, of 6 for 4.95!
    When I asked why they were charging 1pound more for fewer Allen keys I was told 'I supose it's just
    one of those things'.

    Anyway new bike is great and will start the mamoth commute to work on it next week (when my tube
    pass runs out!)

    Bryan

    Tags:

  2. "Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > .... Looked in the car tool section, found a set of 10 for 3.95, thought I'd check the cycling
    > section in case they just had a 4,5 and 6mm set, they did have a set, of 6 for 4.95! When I asked
    > why they were charging 1pound more for fewer Allen keys I was told 'I supose it's just one of
    > those things'.

    Were they the same brand and same quality?

  3. Panda

    Panda Guest

    out of interest how far is massive commute?

    panda

    "Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]osting.google.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Coming pout of lurk mode for a change here.
    >
    > Got my new bike delivered yesterday from Orbit (big thanks to the guys there as it was supposed to
    > come Thrusday). Because it arrived earlier than expected I havd no Allen keys to adjust saddle,
    > bars etc. Couldn't find any in the office, so as no LBS in Uxbridge that I know of, went to
    > Halfords to buy yet another set. Looked in the car tool section, found a set of 10 for 3.95,
    > thought I'd check the cycling section in case they just had a 4,5 and 6mm set, they did have a
    > set, of 6 for 4.95! When I asked why they were charging 1pound more for fewer Allen keys I was
    > told 'I supose it's just one of those things'.
    >
    > Anyway new bike is great and will start the mamoth commute to work on it next week (when my tube
    > pass runs out!)
    >
    > Bryan

  4. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > out of interest how far is massive commute?
    >
    > panda

    about 30 miles each way across central London, and I haven't been riding for ages

    As for the Allen keys, exactly the same, Halfords own make

  5. Frank

    Frank Guest

    "Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > out of interest how far is massive commute?
    > >
    > > panda
    > >
    > about 30 miles each way across central London, and I haven't been riding
    for ages

    > As for the Allen keys, exactly the same, Halfords own make

    I dunno how old you are but I think that is a bit too much 4-5 hours in the saddle every day?