Halloween: will I find LA at the doorbell?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Karen M., Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    Hey folks--
    In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
    thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
    gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
    Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
    of gypsys and bums.)
    And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
    on my front porch this year.
    Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
    content? Do share!

    --Karen M.
    who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
    Halloween

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Karen M. wrote:
    || Hey folks--
    || In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
    || thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
    || gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
    || Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
    || of gypsys and bums.)
    || And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
    || on my front porch this year.
    || Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
    || content? Do share!

    That's a neat idea....maybe an opportunity to make a little dough :)

  3. On 7 Sep 2004 06:24:08 -0700, [email protected] (Karen M.)
    wrote:

    >Hey folks--
    > In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
    >thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
    >gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
    >Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
    >of gypsys and bums.)
    > And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
    >on my front porch this year.

    It would be unusual, to say the least.

    =-Luigi

    > Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
    >content? Do share!
    >
    >--Karen M.
    >who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
    >Halloween

  4. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    "Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey folks--
    > In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
    > thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
    > gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
    > Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
    > of gypsys and bums.)
    > And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
    > on my front porch this year.
    > Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
    > content? Do share!
    >
    > --Karen M.
    > who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
    > Halloween

    Sounds scary to me.

    Maybe Nike could make up some costumes and put them out in stores as a fund
    raiser for the LAF.

    Bob C.

  5. HardwareLust

    HardwareLust Guest

    Karen M. wrote:
    > Hey folks--
    > In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
    > thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
    > gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
    > Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
    > of gypsys and bums.)
    > And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
    > on my front porch this year.
    > Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
    > content? Do share!
    >
    > --Karen M.
    > who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
    > Halloween

    Thinking about it now, I don't think seeing a pint-sized LA on my porch
    would be that big a surprise.

    Now, if I open my door to a mini-sized Tyler Hamilton or Damiano Cunego on
    my porch, that would be a *big* surprise. :)

    Or, how about a small Cipo in his cyber-suit (from the prologue)!

    Regards,
    H.

  6. "Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
    > on my front porch this year.

    Around here, it's too cold to go as Lance for Halloween door-to-door. My
    daughter rides on a regular basis in a Rabobank team kit (it was the
    cheapest quality kid's jersey/shorts I could buy at the time), but I can't
    see her walking around the neighborhood on a cold, wet late October night in
    it -- she'd freeze.

    What does Lance wear for training in the winter?

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    Home of the meditative cyclist: