Halloween: will I find LA at the doorbell?

Karen M.

Guest
Hey folks--
In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
of gypsys and bums.)
And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
on my front porch this year.
Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
content? Do share!

--Karen M.
who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
Halloween

Karen M. wrote:
|| Hey folks--
|| In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
|| thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
|| gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
|| Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
|| of gypsys and bums.)
|| And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
|| on my front porch this year.
|| Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
|| content? Do share!

That's a neat idea....maybe an opportunity to make a little dough :)

On 7 Sep 2004 06:24:08 -0700, [email protected] (Karen M.)
wrote:

>Hey folks--
> In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
>thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
>gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
>Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
>of gypsys and bums.)
> And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
>on my front porch this year.

It would be unusual, to say the least.

=-Luigi

> Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
>content? Do share!
>
>--Karen M.
>who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
>Halloween

"Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey folks--
> In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
> thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
> gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
> Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
> of gypsys and bums.)
> And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
> on my front porch this year.
> Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
> content? Do share!
>
> --Karen M.
> who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
> Halloween

Sounds scary to me.

Maybe Nike could make up some costumes and put them out in stores as a fund
raiser for the LAF.

Bob C.

Karen M. wrote:
> Hey folks--
> In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
> thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
> gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
> Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
> of gypsys and bums.)
> And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
> on my front porch this year.
> Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
> content? Do share!
>
> --Karen M.
> who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
> Halloween

Thinking about it now, I don't think seeing a pint-sized LA on my porch
would be that big a surprise.

Now, if I open my door to a mini-sized Tyler Hamilton or Damiano Cunego on
my porch, that would be a *big* surprise. :)

Or, how about a small Cipo in his cyber-suit (from the prologue)!

Regards,
H.

"Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
> on my front porch this year.

Around here, it's too cold to go as Lance for Halloween door-to-door. My
daughter rides on a regular basis in a Rabobank team kit (it was the
cheapest quality kid's jersey/shorts I could buy at the time), but I can't
see her walking around the neighborhood on a cold, wet late October night in
it -- she'd freeze.

What does Lance wear for training in the winter?

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: