Haluzak on the Horizon

Leif

Guest
Hi everyone. I've been a reader of this group for only a few
weeks but find it very informative. Thanks!

I ordered a Haluzak Horizon direct from their shop in Santa
Rosa CA. My understanding is that it comes partially
assembled. Does anyone have any advice as to how I should
approach putting the rest of it together? I do have some
experience w/ diamond frame bike maintenance and tinkering,
and I already own a Lightning Thunderbolt (which I bought
already assembled). I guess what I'm asking is, should I
even attempt doing the assembly/adjustments myself, or
should I find someone who knows what they're doing? How hard
can it be? (famous last words)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Leif

[email protected] (Leif) wrote in news:460b6187.0407081707.54b8e919
@posting.google.com:

> Hi everyone. I've been a reader of this group for only a
> few weeks but find it very informative. Thanks!
>
> I ordered a Haluzak Horizon direct from their shop in
> Santa Rosa CA. My understanding is that it comes
> partially assembled. Does anyone have any advice as to
> how I should approach putting the rest of it together? I
> do have some experience w/ diamond frame bike maintenance
> and tinkering, and I already own a Lightning Thunderbolt
> (which I bought already assembled). I guess what I'm
> asking is, should I even attempt doing the
> assembly/adjustments myself, or should I find someone who
> knows what they're doing? How hard can it be? (famous
> last words)
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Leif

I don't know what's included, but if you are confident and
competent at setting up and adjusting road/mountain bike
brakes, shifters, and derailleur, you'll be fine. The
Haluzak bikes use standard road and mountain components with
their own indirect USS and web/mesh seat.

I'm no mechanic, but I've taken my Haluzak Hybrid Race down
to no two screws together and put it back together again.
The hardest thing to get right was the front brake which is
sensitive to toe-in and squeals like a stuck pig
until/unless it's right.

Check out Sheldon Brown's site for info on adjusting
derailleurs, and check out the Avid site for detailed
instructions on how to set up their brakes.

You've got a good bike, and you'll gain a lot by setting it
up yourself.

<Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair