haluzak owners, tell me what you think .

Where is Wyoming are you? I'm in Cheyenne. Gary Krause

Gary Krause wrote:

> Where is Wyoming are you? I'm in Cheyenne.

Star Valley, athwart Wyoming-Idaho border with US 89 passing through. Forty-five miles long from
South Pass to Alpine Junction. All higher than 5,800 ASL. Has Freedom Arms, maker of most powerful
pistol in the world and Aviat maker of Piper Cub like Husky. About 47 miles to Jackson Hole from my
little wide spot in road called Etna and about ninety miles to Idaho Falls.

Just as another option, I have a Turner Lite, which is a similar model and love it. Right now it's
on my porch hooked up to a Cyclops Fluid Trainer and it's a great workout, but I ride it a lot. In
traffic I usually prefer a traditional bike though.

Bob

Dean Arthur wrote:

>Gary Krause wrote:
>

>>Where is Wyoming are you? I'm in Cheyenne.
>>

>Star Valley, athwart Wyoming-Idaho border with US 89 passing through. Forty-five miles long from
>South Pass to Alpine Junction. All higher than 5,800 ASL. Has Freedom Arms, maker of most powerful
>pistol in the world and Aviat maker of Piper Cub like Husky. About 47 miles to Jackson Hole from my
>little wide spot in road called Etna and about ninety miles to Idaho Falls.

I will add one caveat, complaint about Turner. I hope he reads this. Feel free to forward it. He
makes a newer model. He says he uses Shimano components. I asked which one's and he completely
ignores that question. There's a huge range of components, and it's a very reasonable question.
Especially from an existing Turner rider.

Bob

Beach Runner wrote:

> Just as another option, I have a Turner Lite, which is a similar model and love it. Right now it's
> on my porch hooked up to a Cyclops Fluid Trainer and it's a great workout, but I ride it a lot. In
> traffic I usually prefer a traditional bike though.
>
> Bob
>

> Dean Arthur wrote:
>
>> Gary Krause wrote:
>>

>>> Where is Wyoming are you? I'm in Cheyenne.
>>>

>> Star Valley, athwart Wyoming-Idaho border with US 89 passing through. Forty-five miles long from
>> South Pass to Alpine Junction. All higher than 5,800 ASL. Has Freedom Arms, maker of most
>> powerful pistol in the world and Aviat maker of Piper Cub like Husky. About 47 miles to Jackson
>> Hole from my little wide spot in road called Etna and about ninety miles to Idaho Falls.

Milt Turner is sort of quirky with e-mail, he's honest, but sometimes better to contact him direct
by phone. I rode one two summers ago, it's a good bike. Another bike i'd highly consider is a Vision
R40, you can get them for 8-900 now, and action bent jetstream's for 600.00, is really nice, i'm
riding both now.

"Douglas Cole" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> But the test ride isn't going to tell me if the bike will survive 2 years of riding without
> falling apart etc. And like I said in another posting, I am no mechanical engineer, and am not
> good at really telling whether or not a bike is built "correctly", but at first glance I liked
> what I saw when I first saw the Horizon, and will be giving Bill a call next spring to see what I
> can do and if there are any shops closer that have one I can test ride...
>
> As this purchase is meant to be a bike for in city short rides (twenty miles or less) I thought I
> would give the SWB a try .

I never thought I would find a bike as comfortable as my Ryan Vanguard, but my Haluzak Hybrid Race
is definitely a tie. I rode my HHR with the local roadie guys this last season and at several HPRA
races (I'm the only tall one amongst all those lowracers) and it was a dream.

It is built very well. I met a guy from Chicago last fall who has been riding his Horizon like crazy
in all kinds of hellish conditions and it's holding up just fine. Highly recommended.