Haluzak "Traverse Mtn recumbent": do you own one or have used one What is your impression?

qsk8com

Jan 21, 2011
[SIZE=10.0pt]amen in jesus to you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.0pt]I acquired one last thanksgiving 2010 while convalescing for spinal cord procedure[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.0pt] and multiple myeloma at Tahoe Truckee hospital.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.0pt]to facilitate strengthening my walking again[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.0pt]in future strengthen my xc ski classic and skating[/SIZE] core muscles

[SIZE=10.0pt]I have the Traverse on a Cycle[/SIZE]o[SIZE=10.0pt]ps mag indoor trainer and am riding it 30 min a day.[/SIZE]
Even though I have never owned a recumbent the last 30 indoor rides are
persuading me that recumbent cycling is going to be my base (2hrs a day with 4hrs on Friday).
I hope to build my xc classic and skating and running on it, G_d willing.

Please r.s.v.p.
with your Traverse impressions or using your recumbent as cross training.
Thank you

Haluzaks are pretty rare, especially away from the east coast, and especially now that Bill Haluzak quit building them. I've only ever seen one; and that was on the road going the other way. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody here could give you a detailed answer. Regarding cross-training - for what? I use swimming in the winter to maintain cardio so I can ride my recumbent in the spring...

Originally Posted by blazingpedals .

Regarding cross-training - for what? I use swimming in the winter to maintain cardio so I can ride my recumbent in the spring...

Using the recumbent seems to be a more direct muscle developement than an upright bicycle.
Cross-training for xc-ski classic and skating and running.

I've heard it said that running muscles are very close to recumbent muscles. So close that you really don't want to ride a recumbent in a triathlon, even if they were allowed. Cant' prove it by me - I can't run more than a block or so to save my life, despite being fairly fast on the 'bent. Don't know about XC or skating.