Hamilton kills the triathletes

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
4:34 for 112 miles with 9000 feet of climbing.

His team's runner falls apart and the team fails to break 8 hours.

Hamilton whomped the nearest pro triathlete by 16 minutes. The triathlete was on a relay team and only did the bike section.

Isn't Hamilton 35 now? And he has not done a pro race for two years, so he is not in the condition that he would be in July (or more like for next year, May).

Come on Wolfix, say something. You know you want to.

Edit: I guess I should work this out for you.

16 minutes over 112 miles is 5.8% faster. Or a little over 5 seconds per kilometer.

Bro Deal said:
Hamilton whomped the nearest pro triathlete by 16 minutes. The triathlete was on a relay team and only did the bike section.

Isn't Hamilton 35 now? And he has not done a pro race for two years, so he is not in the condition that he would be in July (or more like for next year, May).

Come on Wolfix, say something. You know you want to.

Edit: I guess I should work this out for you.

16 minutes over 112 miles is 5.8% faster. Or a little over 5 seconds per kilometer.
Well a protriathlete does 3 things where hamilton does 1 thing, bike. So in a relay where all he does is bike.. I would expect him to win by a good amount.

Smilf said:
Well a protriathlete does 3 things where hamilton does 1 thing, bike. So in a relay where all he does is bike.. I would expect him to win by a good amount.
The second place guy he beat by 16 minutes was on a relay team; he only did the bike section. He is also on the U.S. national long distance tri team. There were several relay teams put together with top guys for each discipline because there was a $100K prize for for a team that could break 8 hours.

Wolfix has asserted that a top triathlete would be competitive with the top cyclists in a time trial. I believe Lim's reponse was, "Bollocks!"