Hamilton takes Romandie

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, May 4, 2003.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Very impressive ride in the final TT to take the overall GC win. He started the day in 4th, +:43 to
    Francisco Perez. The TT was only 20km and Perez was reputed not to be a slouch.

    The results are here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/apr03/Romandie03/?id=stage5

    Milaneza and CSC had good races. Fassa Bortolo had a bad one. Phonak didn't strike me as being
    impressive enough to stand out.

    Tags:

  2. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Hamilton looks strong this year? Is he going to the Giro and the TdF?

    Aitor Gonzales on the other hand doesn't seem to be in a great shape
    :-(

    On Sun, 4 May 2003 19:47:27 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Very impressive ride in the final TT to take the overall GC win. He started the day in 4th, +:43 to
    >Francisco Perez. The TT was only 20km and Perez was reputed not to be a slouch.
    >
    >The results are here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/apr03/Romandie03/?id=stage5
    >
    >Milaneza and CSC had good races. Fassa Bortolo had a bad one. Phonak didn't strike me as being
    >impressive enough to stand out.

    ____________________________
    Guillaume http://www.gpspassion.com/ Toute l'info pour les GPS et les PocketPC

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    they're going to the tour but not the giro, too bad cause TH could probably win it. Podium for sure

    Keith wrote:
    > Hamilton looks strong this year? Is he going to the Giro and the TdF?
    >
    > Aitor Gonzales on the other hand doesn't seem to be in a great shape
    > :-(
    >

    > On Sun, 4 May 2003 19:47:27 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Very impressive ride in the final TT to take the overall GC win. He started the day in 4th, +:43
    >>to Francisco Perez. The TT was only 20km and Perez was reputed not to be a slouch.
    >>
    >>The results are here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/apr03/Romandie03/?id=stage5
    >>
    >>Milaneza and CSC had good races. Fassa Bortolo had a bad one. Phonak didn't strike me as being
    >>impressive enough to stand out.
    >>

    > ____________________________
    > Guillaume http://www.gpspassion.com/ Toute l'info pour les GPS et les PocketPC

  4. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hamilton looks strong this year? Is he going to the Giro and the TdF?
    >
    > Aitor Gonzales on the other hand doesn't seem to be in a great shape
    > :-(

    Hamilton will not be doing the Giro, much to my regret. Aitor Gonzalez started slow, but perhaps
    he's rounding into shape. He finished today's TT in 4th. The Giro starts in a week and I'm having
    difficulty figuring out who's in good form and who's not.

    Hey Guillaume, what's the vertical resolution of a consumer GPS? Did the US turn SA back off?

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    I must say that I'm developing an entirely different view of Bjarn Riis. It may be that Ullrich is
    going to look pretty foolish against a couple of Americans this year and that he would have been
    better advised to go with the guy who pulled him over so many hills.

    Great riding by Tyler. Who would have guessed that he could be this dominant? To win one
    spectacularly hard race and then a pretty difficult stage race in less than two weeks is really
    impressive.

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Very impressive ride in the final TT to take the overall GC win. He
    started
    > the day in 4th, +:43 to Francisco Perez. The TT was only 20km and
    Perez was
    > reputed not to be a slouch.
    >
    > The results are here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/apr03/Romandie03/?id=stage5
    >
    > Milaneza and CSC had good races. Fassa Bortolo had a bad one. Phonak
    didn't
    > strike me as being impressive enough to stand out.

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Vertical resolution is crappy no matter what version you have. If the satellites are high enough for
    good reception they are at the wrong angle to give you a decent calculation for vertical. We were
    developing a product for joggers and the vertical accuracy was all over the map. It was showing 30
    foot variations on a runner jogging around a lake on a perfectly flat path. Summing the climbing
    came up with something funny like 200 feet in 2 miles.

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hamilton looks strong this year? Is he going to the Giro and the
    TdF?

    > > Aitor Gonzales on the other hand doesn't seem to be in a great
    shape
    > > :-(
    >
    > Hamilton will not be doing the Giro, much to my regret. Aitor
    Gonzalez
    > started slow, but perhaps he's rounding into shape. He finished
    today's TT
    > in 4th. The Giro starts in a week and I'm having difficulty figuring
    out
    > who's in good form and who's not.
    >
    > Hey Guillaume, what's the vertical resolution of a consumer GPS? Did
    the US
    > turn SA back off?

  7. "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
    news:[email protected]...
    > I must say that I'm developing an entirely different view of Bjarn Riis. It may be that Ullrich is
    > going to look pretty foolish against a couple of Americans this year and that he would have been
    > better advised to go with the guy who pulled him over so many hills.
    >
    > Great riding by Tyler. Who would have guessed that he could be this dominant? To win one
    > spectacularly hard race and then a pretty difficult stage race in less than two weeks is really
    > impressive.

    I would say that it's beyond words

  8. Kendall

    Kendall Guest

    Anyone else worry that Tyler is peaking too soon for the Tour? I'd hate to see him lose form before
    the Tour and miss what may be peak form for the Giro.

    Ken

    > I must say that I'm developing an entirely different view of Bjarn Riis. It may be that Ullrich is
    > going to look pretty foolish against a couple of Americans this year and that he would have been
    > better advised to go with the guy who pulled him over so many hills.
    >
    > Great riding by Tyler. Who would have guessed that he could be this dominant? To win one
    > spectacularly hard race and then a pretty difficult stage race in less than two weeks is really
    > impressive.
    >
    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Very impressive ride in the final TT to take the overall GC win. He
    > started
    > > the day in 4th, +:43 to Francisco Perez. The TT was only 20km and
    > Perez was
    > > reputed not to be a slouch.
    > >
    > > The results are here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/apr03/Romandie03/?id=stage5
    > >
    > > Milaneza and CSC had good races. Fassa Bortolo had a bad one. Phonak
    > didn't
    > > strike me as being impressive enough to stand out.

  9. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Sun, 04 May 2003 21:33:11 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Vertical resolution is crappy no matter what version you have. If the satellites are high enough
    >for good reception they are at the wrong angle to give you a decent calculation for vertical. We
    >were developing a product for joggers and the vertical accuracy was all over the map. It was
    >showing 30 foot variations on a runner jogging around a lake on a perfectly flat path. Summing the
    >climbing came up with something funny like 200 feet in 2 miles.
    >
    >"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>

    >> Hey Guillaume, what's the vertical resolution of a consumer GPS? Did
    >the US
    >> turn SA back off?

    Agreed, vertical resolution is not very good. Pretty much due to the "model" ;-) WAAS improves that,
    but then unless you're in the air or sailing, it's pretty much out, so...

    SA has been off since May 2000 ans is not coming back according to the reports that came out
    before GWII. They can now do local signal degradation and there's too much business/cash running
    on GPS now...
    ___________________
    Keith www.gpspassion.com All things GPS and PocketPC

  10. "Kendall" <ckensto(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone else worry that Tyler is peaking too soon for the Tour? I'd hate to see him lose form
    > before the Tour and miss what may be peak form for the Giro.
    >
    > Ken

    Yeah...I have that worry at the back of my mind. I hope not. Or maybe he's not peaking yet...? Even
    if he is...I think LBL was worth
    it.

    Is the multiple-Americans on the TDF podium thing going to be over-hyped again this year?

  11. Rboater

    Rboater Guest

    > Is the multiple-Americans on the TDF podium thing going to be over-hyped again this year?

    Of course. That's what tv does.

  12. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    rboater wrote:
    >>Is the multiple-Americans on the TDF podium thing going to be over-hyped again this year?
    >

    > Of course. That's what tv does.

    That's what American tv does.

  13. [email protected] (rboater) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]3.net>...
    > Of course. That's what tv does.

    Actually, I was referring to the various online forums including RBR...I didn't notice it on tv last
    year. It wouldn't suprise me though.