Hamilton verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tcklyde said:
Hmm... How about... Floyd Landis!
lets not forget that floyd rode pretty hard the first part of the season and could have been rebuilding his form at the dauphine. there has to be something wrong with the sport when we are accusing the losers of races as being cheaters. as fans we are doing more damage than good by speculating and accusing people with no evidence at all.

tcklyde said:
Hmm... How about... Floyd Landis!
Hey Floyd is clean, he's a mennonite. The Church forbids electricity and pharmaceuticals, or was it automobiles. I can't remember.

moviekindoflife said:
lets not forget that floyd rode pretty hard the first part of the season and could have been rebuilding his form at the dauphine. there has to be something wrong with the sport when we are accusing the losers of races as being cheaters. as fans we are doing more damage than good by speculating and accusing people with no evidence at all.
Exactly. I wrote that people would accuse Landis if he rose well in the Tour. I guess it didn't take long for the speculation to begin.

I have no idea if Landis is clean or not, but I'll wait for proof. Same with any other rider.

Deli said:
Exactly. I wrote that people would accuse Landis if he rose well in the Tour. I guess it didn't take long for the speculation to begin.

I have no idea if Landis is clean or not, but I'll wait for proof. Same with any other rider.

Yeah, so Hamilton rode the 2004 Duphine anonymously but he was even worse in the Tour that year blaming it on his dog's death. So if he was receiving help from the doc then it wasn't doing him any good.

discobean7 said:
Hey Floyd is clean, he's a mennonite. The Church forbids electricity and pharmaceuticals, or was it automobiles. I can't remember.

Perhaps he can't, either.

Deli said:

Look, I don't mean to pick on you or anyone else here, but the point that Operación Puerto makes -- which is essentially the same one made by Festina and the Giro in 2001 and by the dozens of positive tests in the last couple of years -- is that doping is not now and has never been the case of a few bad apples. Cycling is not a clean sport trying to get rid of a few nasty Spaniards who are into swapping blood. Doping in cycling is pervasive, intense, and normal. I'd be surprised if any elite cyclist is clean. Dr. Fuentes' lists apparently identify 58 professional cyclist. He is one Doctor. On an "open" black market, to assume that Dr. Fuentes programs marks the bounds of cheating in this sport is naive in the extreme.

The sport is sick to its guts.

Ain't looking exactly pure as driven snow for CSC either with Basso mentioned in that phone conversation, and this just in a Tyler hamlton article just posted on Velonews:

[size=-1]"VeloNews's attempts to reach Hamilton by phone and e-mail prior to the publication of this story have thus far proven to be unsuccessful.[/size]

[size=-1]Hamilton's alleged collaboration began with Fuentes soon after he left the U.S. Postal Service cycling team to join CSC for the 2002-03 seasons and continued upon his arrival at Phonak in the 2004 season.[/size] "

Chrystie

bobke said:
I'm not jumping to conclusions but I have to say, THIS LOOKS AWFUL!!
and that they have like fax's to his wife detailing the costs and dosage schedule.
They have everything but his dog implicated.

And needless to say Ullrich.

Let's be clear here : Hamilton failed a blood doping test.
Two different sets of antigens were found in his blood sample.
The other information concerning Hamilton in El Pais is incidental : the test result damned Hamilton.

tcklyde said:
Look, I don't mean to pick on you or anyone else here, but the point that Operación Puerto makes -- which is essentially the same one made by Festina and the Giro in 2001 and by the dozens of positive tests in the last couple of years -- is that doping is not now and has never been the case of a few bad apples. Cycling is not a clean sport trying to get rid of a few nasty Spaniards who are into swapping blood. Doping in cycling is pervasive, intense, and normal. I'd be surprised if any elite cyclist is clean. Dr. Fuentes' lists apparently identify 58 professional cyclist. He is one Doctor. On an "open" black market, to assume that Dr. Fuentes programs marks the bounds of cheating in this sport is naive in the extreme.

I agree with you. I think the vast majority of the pro peloton is doping. I don't understand why any of the riders who claim to be clean don't volunteer for year-round testing of themselves. If they are clean, this would go a long way to prove it. Is there that much peer pressure from other riders that would prevent someone from subjecting themselves to testing? Or are there no clean riders who could back up such a challenge?

UCI has to do something about it. My prediction is that this years Tour will be rocked by scandal similar to Festina in '98.

limerickman said:
Let's be clear here : Hamilton failed a blood doping test.
Two different sets of antigens were found in his blood sample.
The other information concerning Hamilton in El Pais is incidental : the test result damned Hamilton.
Lets also be clear here, Tyler--beyond all reasonable doubt--now we know WAS GUILTY, but curiously the test, just from a scientific point of view, may have caught something but not what it was meant to be catching. This is not really worth a back and forth but hear me out--it looks more likely that Fuentes didnt clean his machine well enough and Tyler had cross contaminated blood form his OWN BLOOD coming back to him not clean enough with traces of others riders blood. So yes, the test caught blood manipulation. I guess thats the bottom line. Interestingly, "blood manipulation" was the terms the accusers kept using. They obviosuly knew Tyler and folks werent wholesale transfusing unmatched other people's blood.

Funny, the fax Fuentes sent indicated that Tyler still owed him money. Guess we know why now!!! Wonder if Tyler can sue him for damages?
I mean Fuentes clearly didnt do a good enough job and Tyler got caught.

At this point I dont know and dont care, the test was good enough as it turns out to tell something was wrong.

At least NOW we have the answers to what seemed unreconcilable at the time:
1.WHy would anyone be stupid enough to transfuse someone else's blood. They werent. They THOUGHT they were transfusing their own blood but it was mucked up somehow.
2. The evidence suggested that a large scale operation would be needed to carry this out. Now we know that it transcended Phonak and other teams and was a full sclae medical operation with freekin leaders of Madrid's blood bank for pete's sake!!!!!!!

UNFREE TYLER!!!!!!!!!!

Makes you think if you don't pay your debt to Fuentes he "swaps" your blood and BANG you're caught ! This whole thing is very very scary.... 58 riders is 25% of the peleton in ProTour races ! Fark me !

hombredesubaru said:
Lets also be clear here, Tyler--beyond all reasonable doubt--now we know WAS GUILTY, but curiously the test, just from a scientific point of view, may have caught something but not what it was meant to be catching. This is not really worth a back and forth but hear me out--it looks more likely that Fuentes didnt clean his machine well enough and Tyler had cross contaminated blood form his OWN BLOOD coming back to him not clean enough with traces of others riders blood. So yes, the test caught blood manipulation. I guess thats the bottom line. Interestingly, "blood manipulation" was the terms the accusers kept using. They obviosuly knew Tyler and folks werent wholesale transfusing unmatched other people's blood.

Funny, the fax Fuentes sent indicated that Tyler still owed him money. Guess we know why now!!! Wonder if Tyler can sue him for damages?
I mean Fuentes clearly didnt do a good enough job and Tyler got caught.

At this point I dont know and dont care, the test was good enough as it turns out to tell something was wrong.

At least NOW we have the answers to what seemed unreconcilable at the time:
1.WHy would anyone be stupid enough to transfuse someone else's blood. They werent. They THOUGHT they were transfusing their own blood but it was mucked up somehow.
2. The evidence suggested that a large scale operation would be needed to carry this out. Now we know that it transcended Phonak and other teams and was a full sclae medical operation with freekin leaders of Madrid's blood bank for pete's sake!!!!!!!

UNFREE TYLER!!!!!!!!!!

tcklyde said:

Did you read Millar's recent interview where he was talking about races he did doped as opposed to those that he did "basically clean"? I would have though that you were either doped or completely clean!!! I am guessing that "basically clean" means just the standard drugs that everyone is on???

patch70 said:
Did you read Millar's recent interview where he was talking about races he did doped as opposed to those that he did "basically clean"? I would have though that you were either doped or completely clean!!! I am guessing that "basically clean" means just the standard drugs that everyone is on???

Haha! I hadn't seen that interview, but I would love to check it out.

Millar gives great interviews. He can be very candid. In one I read a month or two ago the reporter asked him what he had done during his suspension. His answer: "Drank and smoked." Poor guy, I'm glad he's back on the bike!

Deli said:
Is there that much peer pressure from other riders that would prevent someone from subjecting themselves to testing?
In the aftermath of the Festina affair look what happened to Christophe Bassons, the rider who all the other Festina team members swore did not participate in the doping. When he spoke out about the doping problem Lance Armstrong personally told him was embarrassing the sport and he should drop out of the Tour de France and leave the sport altogether. He did leave--before he reached thirty years of age and what should have been his peak years for aerobic endurance sports performance.

Eldrack said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb12newsflash

Well, he is officially guilty. However he could be back next season as his ban ends at the end of this year.

To all of those who would try to argue against this I would say this: The arguements for both sides have been looked over and decided upon by much more intelligent (and unbiased) people than we will ever be and it has been decided that Hamilton is guilty, this is the highest level of proof you will ever get on a case like this so accept the verdict.
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.