Hamilton Vuelta B Sample

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Clovis Lark, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Where is the result?

    Tags:

  2. warren

    warren Guest

  3. RWM

    RWM Guest

    "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Where is the result?

    It was announced last Thursday. From Velonews:

    This report filed September 23, 2004
    The B-sample taken from Olympic time-trial champion Tyler Hamilton at the
    Vuelta a Espana earlier this month as come back positive, his Phonak cycling
    team announced Thursday.

    The team also reported that the B-sample for similar doping test by the
    International Olympic Committee (IOC) earlier in Athens was negative

    http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6997.0.html

  4. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

  5. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    RWM <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Where is the result?

    > It was announced last Thursday. From Velonews:

    > This report filed September 23, 2004
    > The B-sample taken from Olympic time-trial champion Tyler Hamilton at the
    > Vuelta a Espana earlier this month as come back positive, his Phonak cycling
    > team announced Thursday.

    > The team also reported that the B-sample for similar doping test by the
    > International Olympic Committee (IOC) earlier in Athens was negative

    > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6997.0.html

    The team spins the results:

    IOC A: Positive
    IOC B: Inconclusive due to freezing

    Vuelta A: Positive
    Vuelta B: Positive

    Then Phonak says the 2 different incidents are somehow linked. How could
    they, other than their man providing the samples? How can they
    credulously claim that Athens' mishandling has any bearing on the Vuelta?

  6. RWM

    RWM Guest

    "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > RWM <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> Where is the result?

    >> It was announced last Thursday. From Velonews:

    >> This report filed September 23, 2004
    >> The B-sample taken from Olympic time-trial champion Tyler Hamilton at the
    >> Vuelta a Espana earlier this month as come back positive, his Phonak
    >> cycling
    >> team announced Thursday.

    >> The team also reported that the B-sample for similar doping test by the
    >> International Olympic Committee (IOC) earlier in Athens was negative

    >> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6997.0.html

    > The team spins the results:
    >
    > IOC A: Positive
    > IOC B: Inconclusive due to freezing
    >
    > Vuelta A: Positive
    > Vuelta B: Positive
    >
    > Then Phonak says the 2 different incidents are somehow linked. How could
    > they, other than their man providing the samples? How can they
    > credulously claim that Athens' mishandling has any bearing on the Vuelta?

    I have no idea what you are saying. I only provided the information about
    the announcement of the B sample.

  7. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    RWM <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> RWM <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> It was announced last Thursday. From Velonews:

    >>> This report filed September 23, 2004
    >>> The B-sample taken from Olympic time-trial champion Tyler Hamilton at the
    >>> Vuelta a Espana earlier this month as come back positive, his Phonak
    >>> cycling
    >>> team announced Thursday.

    >>> The team also reported that the B-sample for similar doping test by the
    >>> International Olympic Committee (IOC) earlier in Athens was negative

    >>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6997.0.html

    >> The team spins the results:
    >>
    >> IOC A: Positive
    >> IOC B: Inconclusive due to freezing
    >>
    >> Vuelta A: Positive
    >> Vuelta B: Positive
    >>
    >> Then Phonak says the 2 different incidents are somehow linked. How could
    >> they, other than their man providing the samples? How can they
    >> credulously claim that Athens' mishandling has any bearing on the Vuelta?

    > I have no idea what you are saying. I only provided the information about
    > the announcement of the B sample.

    For which I am grateful. Now I wonder why no news service has picked up
    on it.