Road Cycling · Public discussion

Hamilton Worlds 2003- Accommodations Information- First hand account

Started by angel_stain · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,388 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 January 2003
Last activity
23 January 2003
Original author
angel_stain
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,388
Views / 30 days
11
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was in Hamilton back in early December 2002 and again last week looking for accommodations for
    upcoming worlds (I live only a 45 minute drive or 4 hour ride for course but hey I still need a
    local hotel, there are some good pubs to visit).

    First trip was to check all the major hotels in Hamilton and greater area (Burlington to Stoney
    Creek); in summation NOTHING is left or available (Ramada, Holiday Inn, HJ, Sheraton, Travelodge
    etc. or any B&B).

    The second trip last week was to visit the motels and second tier hotels; in short, slim pickings.
    Not much luck procuring a spot even at local university dorms or residences (McMaster University,
    schools in at that time).

    There is however one last unpolished gem, which isn't so bad (and there were plenty of BAD ones I
    visited, regardless of what Kyle Legate may indicate, :-) ). It's called Motor city Hotel, I
    physically viewed the room and it's not a bad place, and to boot, we got it for only $70 CDN per
    night for three nights (Thursday, Friday and sat) and it close to some bike shops and not too far
    from the course (even roomy enough for two or three bikes per room).

    If you're interested the contact info is:

    Motor City Hotel (but it's really a motel) 55 Queenston Road (at Main St. East) Hamilton, Ontario
    L8K 1E8 ph: 905-549-1371 fax: 905-549-8554 toll free; 1-877-340-0779 Jackie was the lady's name who
    helped us, very nice and accommodating. Jackie however was thinking of jacking up the price so you
    better ask quickly if you're interested.

    Official website is below (still sparse on details however)

    slam.canoe.cahome.html

    Later,

    Angelo Macchia

  2. Steve Bauer's bike touring company has plenty of hotel packages left. ( If you want to go through a
    tour company that is) I wonder if he will sign some old Winning magazines????? anyway.
    www.stevebauer.com if you need lodging and tickets.

    <angel_stain> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was in Hamilton back in early December 2002 and again last week looking for accommodations for
    upcoming worlds (I live only a 45 minute drive or 4 hour ride for course but hey I still need a
    local hotel, there are some good pubs to visit).

    First trip was to check all the major hotels in Hamilton and greater area (Burlington to Stoney
    Creek); in summation NOTHING is left or available (Ramada, Holiday Inn, HJ, Sheraton, Travelodge
    etc. or any B&B).

    The second trip last week was to visit the motels and second tier hotels; in short, slim pickings.
    Not much luck procuring a spot even at local university dorms or residences (McMaster University,
    schools in at that time).

    There is however one last unpolished gem, which isn't so bad (and there were plenty of BAD ones I
    visited, regardless of what Kyle Legate may indicate, :-) ). It's called Motor city Hotel, I
    physically viewed the room and it's not a bad place, and to boot, we got it for only $70 CDN per
    night for three nights (Thursday, Friday and sat) and it close to some bike shops and not too far
    from the course (even roomy enough for two or three bikes per room).

    If you're interested the contact info is:

    Motor City Hotel (but it's really a motel) 55 Queenston Road (at Main St. East) Hamilton, Ontario
    L8K 1E8 ph: 905-549-1371 fax: 905-549-8554 toll free; 1-877-340-0779 Jackie was the lady's name
    who helped us, very nice and accommodating. Jackie however was thinking of jacking up the price so
    you better ask quickly if you're interested.

    Official website is below (still sparse on details however)

    slam.canoe.cahome.html

    Later,

    Angelo Macchia

  3. On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, it was written:

    Quoted message said:

    There is however one last unpolished gem, which isn't so bad (and there were plenty of BAD ones I
    visited, regardless of what Kyle Legate may indicate, :-) ).


    I have no idea the quality of these places. I sleep in my house at night.

    Quoted message said:

    It's called Motor city Hotel, I physically viewed the room and it's not a bad place, and to
    boot, we got it for only $70 CDN per night for three nights (Thursday, Friday and sat) and it
    close to some bike shops and not too far from the course (even roomy enough for two or three
    bikes per room).


    Yikes! I've ridden past this place a few times and made my own assumptions; mainly, that it was as
    seedy as the used car dealerships surrounding it. Perhaps I was wrong. It does have the city
    reputation as being the primary lodgings for Deadheads whenever the Grateful Dead would roll through
    town. I never saw so many 60s vw vans in one place before.

    ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email hidden] Kyle Legate [email hidden]

    Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
    musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...

  4. angel_stain said:

    There is however one last unpolished gem, which isn't so bad (and there were plenty of BAD ones I
    visited, regardless of what Kyle Legate may indicate, :-) ). It's called Motor city Hotel, I
    physically viewed the room and it's not a bad place, and to boot, we got it for only $70 CDN per
    night for three nights (Thursday, Friday and sat) and it close to some bike shops and not too far
    from the course (even roomy enough for two or three bikes per room).

    Angelo (et al)

    If you plan on staying at the Motor City Hotel, I would strongly suggest you take your bike and
    stuff with you whenever you leave the room. It is a hangout for heroin junkies (or at least it was
    around 5 years ago).

    On the upside you can probably get an 8-ball there for $50.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  5. another link for accommodations at in the Hamilton web site: obituariestoday.comobituariestoday.com

    John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

    "James Placer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Steve Bauer's bike touring company has plenty of hotel packages left. (


    If

    Quoted message said:

    you want to go through a tour company that is) I wonder if he will sign some old Winning
    magazines????? anyway. www.stevebauer.com if you need lodging and tickets.

    <angel_stain> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was in Hamilton back in early December 2002 and again last week looking for accommodations for
    upcoming worlds (I live only a 45 minute drive or 4 hour ride for course but hey I still need a
    local hotel, there are some good pubs to visit).

    First trip was to check all the major hotels in Hamilton and greater area (Burlington to Stoney
    Creek); in summation NOTHING is left or available (Ramada, Holiday Inn, HJ, Sheraton, Travelodge
    etc. or any B&B).

    The second trip last week was to visit the motels and second tier hotels; in short, slim
    pickings. Not much luck procuring a spot even at local university dorms or residences (McMaster
    University, schools in at that time).

    There is however one last unpolished gem, which isn't so bad (and there were plenty of BAD ones
    I visited, regardless of what Kyle Legate may indicate, :-) ). It's called Motor city Hotel, I
    physically viewed the room and it's not a bad place, and to boot, we got it for only $70 CDN per
    night for three nights (Thursday, Friday and sat) and it close to some bike shops and not too
    far from the course (even roomy enough for two or three bikes per room).

    If you're interested the contact info is:

    Motor City Hotel (but it's really a motel) 55 Queenston Road (at Main St. East) Hamilton,
    Ontario L8K 1E8 ph: 905-549-1371 fax: 905-549-8554 toll free; 1-877-340-0779 Jackie was the
    lady's name who helped us, very nice and accommodating. Jackie however was thinking of jacking
    up the price so you better ask quickly if you're interested.

    Official website is below (still sparse on details however)

    slam.canoe.cahome.html

    Later,

    Angelo Macchia


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.