Hamilton's CAS hearing: March 1-2

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by MagillaGorilla, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Date: March 1-2 (Tuesday and Wednesday)
    Location: Denver, Color.

    A decision will be rendered by March 12 (the grand opening of Tugboat's
    Bike & Ride in Marblehead is scheduled for March 13).

    PREDICTION: Tyler's positive test will be overturned by CAS and Lafferty
    will overdose on some veterinary pills.

    If Tyler's test is overturned then I think Lafferty should voluntarily
    ban himself from RBR for 3 months in honor of Tugboat.

    Take care,

    Magilla Gorilla

    Tags:

  2. >
    > If Tyler's test is overturned then I think Lafferty should voluntarily
    > ban himself from RBR for 3 months in honor of Tugboat.

    I always liked Tugboat, but I never liked Tyler.

  3. B Lafferty

    B Lafferty Guest

    >> If Tyler's test is overturned then I think Lafferty should voluntarily
    >> ban himself from RBR for 3 months in honor of Tugboat.

    > I always liked Tugboat, but I never liked Tyler.

    What happens will happen. If he can prove that the test is either flawed or
    was not administered properly, he deserves not to be sanctioned. If not he
    probably out for two years. Either way, the system will have done its job.
    Some people call it justice; some don't. Tugboat was cool. Let hope that
    Haven doesn't follow due to Tyler's oath.

  4. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Date: March 1-2 (Tuesday and Wednesday)
    > Location: Denver, Color.
    >
    > A decision will be rendered by March 12 (the grand opening of Tugboat's
    > Bike & Ride in Marblehead is scheduled for March 13).
    >
    > PREDICTION: Tyler's positive test will be overturned by CAS and Lafferty
    > will overdose on some veterinary pills.
    >
    > If Tyler's test is overturned then I think Lafferty should voluntarily ban
    > himself from RBR for 3 months in honor of Tugboat.

    How about you ban yourself either way, starting now?

    Thanks very much,

    JF

  5. B Lafferty wrote:

    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>>If Tyler's test is overturned then I think Lafferty should voluntarily
    >>>ban himself from RBR for 3 months in honor of Tugboat.

    >> I always liked Tugboat, but I never liked Tyler.

    > What happens will happen. If he can prove that the test is either flawed or
    > was not administered properly, he deserves not to be sanctioned. If not he
    > probably out for two years. Either way, the system will have done its job.
    > Some people call it justice; some don't. Tugboat was cool. Let hope that
    > Haven doesn't follow due to Tyler's oath.

    Wait....but I thought, according to you and the UCI (and about 90% of
    everyone in RBR), that Tyler already "tested positive 3 times?"

    What's left to decide if Tyler already "tested positive 3 times?" And
    how about the CAS putting Phonak back in the Pro Tour - that really sent
    you and all those other douchebags a wake-up call about Tyler's
    so-called "positives."

    And what the hell are you talking about with Haven?

    Thanks,

    Magilla

    P.S. By the way, the system will only have "done its job" if they get it
    right. Simply existing is hardly a worthwhile purpose in and of itself.

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >PREDICTION: Tyler's positive test will be overturned by CAS

    If this really does happen, I hope it is not based on a technicality but
    because they have placed real doubts on the test results.
    Alex

  7. If this does happen, it will be based on a technicality.