Hamilton's pro tour aspirations toast

limerickman said:
Yawn :

Hamilton, Il est un dopeur.
Typical Lim, ignore the actual discussion when it doesn't fit into your agenda. Still a huge joke.

Bro Deal said:
Why is everyone so ****** about Hamilton? Is is because he lied about doping and has not fessed up? Nearly everyone caught does the same thing. Heras is still denying it. Or is it that many people were gullible enough to believe his denials and feel betrayed?

The only problem I have with Hamilton is the donations he solicited for his defense. That was a snake ass move, but the fact that he doped is not exactly surprising.

I still do not see the difference between Miller and Hamilton.

My primary problem with Hamilton is exactly that: the solicitations for money. Doping is not surprising. Lying about it is not surprising. Turning your fans into chumps is surprising and it is particularly vile in my mind.

Hamilton sucks.

tcklyde said:
My primary problem with Hamilton is exactly that: the solicitations for money. Doping is not surprising. Lying about it is not surprising. Turning your fans into chumps is surprising and it is particularly vile in my mind.

Hamilton sucks.

Yea, I know for real.

He needs to find a new Tugboat and leave cycling alone.

House said:
No, the CAS administred the UCI rule properly and the UCI was ok with it for months...until now.
The UCI isn't reversing anything or changing their answer on anything. They agreed with the CAS decision on when his suspention began. All the UCI is doing (which is debatable) is applying the ProTour rules of an extra two years to Tugboat's Dad even though his doping occured before the thing became activated.

This guy's a schmuck of the highest order but I really don't see how his penalty falls under the rules of the ProTour since it didn't exist when he got his blood mixed up someone else.

So what if he did dope? He did his time. What more do you folks want, a pound of flesh?

Let him race....

L

he'll be back (which is more then we can say for tugboat!)

at the end of the day i think if he hadnt been caught back then it would he him,not landis with the yellow jersey(and possibly facing doping charges now instead of then)

Lonnie Utah said:
So what if he did dope? He did his time. What more do you folks want, a pound of flesh?

Let him race....

L

He lied, he whined, he cried, and he begged for moeny the whole time. And he doesn't give a sh#t about his fans and he treats professional cycling like ****. Screw him. I hope he gets banned from doing laps around his neighborhood.

tcklyde said:
He lied, he whined, he cried, and he begged for moeny the whole time. And he doesn't give a sh#t about his fans and he treats professional cycling like ****. Screw him. I hope he gets banned from doing laps around his neighborhood.
Yeah, TH is a pile, but I'd go watch him race if the UCI lets him. I wouldn't cheer and I wouldn't stop anyone from throwing eggs at him. In fact, watching him get hit with eggs and watching him ride would be equally interesting in a circus-like, freak show way.

helmutRoole2 said:
Yeah, TH is a pile, but I'd go watch him race if the UCI lets him. I wouldn't cheer and I wouldn't stop anyone from throwing eggs at him. In fact, watching him get hit with eggs and watching him ride would be equally interesting in a circus-like, freak show way.
It is unfortunate that we all, to some degree, have begun to think this way.

We do not really seem to discuss the racing much anymore. Hardly any posts on the Vuelta, and the thread on the world championships is more or less dead in the water. Sad. :(

Powerful Pete said:
It is unfortunate that we all, to some degree, have begun to think this way.

We do not really seem to discuss the racing much anymore. Hardly any posts on the Vuelta, and the thread on the world championships is more or less dead in the water. Sad. :(
Too true. From hardcore fan, reading this every day, reading cyclingnews, watching cycling.tv, complaining about lack of coverage, to not really caring any more. Checking the headlines lazily to see if anything interesting is actually going to happen. Tyler is the grossest to me because he roped me in with his busted collar bone riding in 2003 then looked ready for prime time. Oly medal to the US was nice too. Then he gets caught and instead of being able to keep to the white lie like David Millar (I only did it twice and I felt terrible, I am almost glad they caught me), and come back like a hero, fighting for clean sport etc....., he did the dirtiest thing imaginable.... took money from friends and fans to fight a false legal battle. Disgusting. Lim seems to think Lance writing a book about winning the TDF after beating cancer is the ultimate example of poor behavior. I could care less about Lance's books, they don't make his cheating worse in my mind. Taking people's money to pay lawyers to lie for you is the worst. So, no, I don't care. I am happy with the way Millar handled things... assuming the Checchini thing isn't really true... going to that thread next and hoping for nothing damning.... this sport has to have one rider who got caught and came back clean... just one, anyone.