Hamilton's TT bike

Status

Frank Jaworski

Guest
Was just checking out photos at Graham Watson's web page from the Tour of Romandie. Look at
Hamilton's bike from the prologue. The left brake lever is a typical TT type lever but the right
lever looks to be a standard shimano STI lever. The cable is coming out of the shift cable seat on
the lever but is routed as if it's being used for the rear brake. He has dual bar end shifters so I
assume that is how he shifting both front and rear. Anyone have a clue what he's using that right
lever for?

[email protected]

Andy Coggan

Guest
"Frank Jaworski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Was just checking out photos at Graham Watson's web page from the Tour of Romandie. Look at
> Hamilton's bike from the prologue. The left brake
lever
> is a typical TT type lever but the right lever looks to be a standard shimano STI lever. The cable
> is coming out of the shift cable seat on the lever but is routed as if it's being used for the
> rear brake. He has dual bar end shifters so I assume that is how he shifting both front and rear.
> Anyone have a clue what he's using that right lever for?

cyclingnews.com reported that he used a rear STI lever because of the technical nature of the
prologue. I assume that the rear bar end shifter was just left in place to make it easier to return
the bike to its usual configuration.

Andy Coggan

Frank Jaworski

Guest
Sounds like a logical explanation. Thanks for the info!

Frank

news:p[email protected]...
> "Frank Jaworski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Was just checking out photos at Graham Watson's web page from the Tour
of
> > Romandie. Look at Hamilton's bike from the prologue. The left brake
> lever
> > is a typical TT type lever but the right lever looks to be a standard shimano STI lever. The
> > cable is coming out of the shift cable seat on
the
> > lever but is routed as if it's being used for the rear brake. He has
dual
> > bar end shifters so I assume that is how he shifting both front and
rear.
> > Anyone have a clue what he's using that right lever for?
>
> cyclingnews.com reported that he used a rear STI lever because of the technical nature of the
> prologue. I assume that the rear bar end shifter
was
> just left in place to make it easier to return the bike to its usual configuration.
>
> Andy Coggan

Status
Not open for further replies.