Hamilton's TT bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Frank Jaworski, May 17, 2003.

  1. Was just checking out photos at Graham Watson's web page from the Tour of Romandie. Look at
    Hamilton's bike from the prologue. The left brake lever is a typical TT type lever but the right
    lever looks to be a standard shimano STI lever. The cable is coming out of the shift cable seat on
    the lever but is routed as if it's being used for the rear brake. He has dual bar end shifters so I
    assume that is how he shifting both front and rear. Anyone have a clue what he's using that right
    lever for?

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Frank Jaworski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Was just checking out photos at Graham Watson's web page from the Tour of Romandie. Look at
    > Hamilton's bike from the prologue. The left brake
    lever
    > is a typical TT type lever but the right lever looks to be a standard shimano STI lever. The cable
    > is coming out of the shift cable seat on the lever but is routed as if it's being used for the
    > rear brake. He has dual bar end shifters so I assume that is how he shifting both front and rear.
    > Anyone have a clue what he's using that right lever for?

    cyclingnews.com reported that he used a rear STI lever because of the technical nature of the
    prologue. I assume that the rear bar end shifter was just left in place to make it easier to return
    the bike to its usual configuration.

    Andy Coggan

  3. Sounds like a logical explanation. Thanks for the info!

    Frank

    news:p[email protected]...