Hammer, Clif, Powerbar?

RedRider2009

Nov 24, 2007
Howdy, I have just started going on long rides and these products have been recommended to me...are these worthwhile and helpful? Which taste better and work better out of the hammer gel, clif shot, or the powerbar gel stuff? I also found online these pills which "replace lost electrolytes" they are made by the hammer nutrition company...they are called endurolytes...do these work or is this a scam? Sustained energy is another product made by hammer...does it work? Thank you

I like the hammer products a lot, especially the hammer gel in a jug...using a flask saves tons of money over individual packs. endurolytes work but you only need them if its hot and you cant get enough fluids/electrolytes. their drinks are great, not because of some magic ingredients but because they are basic and digest so easily.
honestly there isnt a huge difference among brands, so you probably will have to try some out and see what your body likes...

alot of the gels and drinks have the same stuff in them, its really just texture/flavoring. My Favorite is Accelgel, it's a little higher in sugar but it tastes and works the best imo. It also has protein in it.