Hammergel Products

rlroadie

Jun 15, 2003
Just wondering if anyone out there has used any of these products for cycling....if so which ones...and if which ones, your opinion of them?

Looking forward to your feedback....

rlroadie

I use Hammergel (Espresso flavour is my favourite) on all of my rides and am happy with the "boost" I get. I don't notice an after-boost lull in my energy although others have complained of this.

I have a lot of respect for the company and their products. They make great products, and they're a better than average company in that they seem to be very interested not just in making a quick buck (like so many sports nutrition companies are), but also in research for the future.

Give 'em a try.

...thxs for the feedback. Have run into several cyclists that have used the products and speak highly of them - then met a few tri-guys last weekend that spent almost 1 1/2 hours explaining all the features and benefits of using the stuff...

Have picked up some Hammergel, Endurolytes, and Sustained Energy and will be giving it a try this weekend in a century I'm riding in...

rlroadie

I just finished the Seattle to Portland (STP) ride - 205 miles, in two days (I like to look around). Last year I used Hammer gel and Sustained Energy with pretty good sucess. This year I used their new product called Perpetuem, along with Hammer gel (for that extra boost). Perpetuem seems to sustain me better between major stops (10-15 miles) than S.E. The only caveat is to test it out on a shorter ride, say 40-60 miles to fine tune, and you need to drink additional water, besides the water used in making the Perpetuem. I mix 3 scoops per 28 oz. of water (they include a sheet on mixing), that's because I weight about 195 but can keep up a good 18-20 mph avg. for about 10 miles before stopping to relieve myself.

Good luck

Appreciate your input on the use of the products and how you did on your ride - when living in California several years ago, I did the same one - tough, but good!

Finished a century last weekend using the Hammergel, Sustained Energy and Endurolytes and wow, the stuff really worked - kept up my energy and pace (avg. 20 mph) the whole time with no cramping (90 degrees F. and almost 90% humidity) and came in on a time that was a new personal best.

I just received a shipment from the company and got the Perpetuem and Enduro Caps this go round. Am anxious to see how it does compared to the Sustained Energy and other stuff.

rlroadie