Hammerklavier (was: Sexual fascism and the Mark Foley scandel)

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Guest
On Jun 25, 12:15 pm, Edward Dolan wrote:
> Now, please excuse me while I uncork my latest bottle of vino and get back
> to my beloved Beethoven. Yea, I am exploring the complexities of the Piano
> Sonata No. 29 in B flat, the Hammerklavier. Damn, I wonder if Beethoven was
> not God in disguise!

The best dollar I ever spent [1] was to listen (primarily) and see
(secondary) Ian Hobson play the Hammerklavier on a Hamburg Steinway.
Recorded sound (at least not on the systems I can afford) does not do
justice to the piece, as the "otherworldly" aspects are missing in
action.

[1] Literally, as this was the student price for a faculty recital.