Hand & foot cycle(my invention)

"cjm6394" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1164044203.753223.136470
@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I am a korean inventor.
>
> Wishing you eternal prosperity, I'm writing to briefly introduce my
> newly developed cycle. Named 'HAND & FOOT DRIVING CYCLE'and others.
> http://eyedy.mireene.com/bike/Hand_and_foot_cycle.doc

Do you have anything more than a .DOC file? I don't download DOC files from
the Web due to the chances of them containing viruses. Please think about
using a web site if you want people to view the information you have.

Cheers,
David

Solvang Cyclist wrote:
> "cjm6394" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1164044203.753223.136470
> @j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I am a korean inventor.
>>
>> Wishing you eternal prosperity, I'm writing to briefly introduce my
>> newly developed cycle. Named 'HAND & FOOT DRIVING CYCLE'and others.
>> http://eyedy.mireene.com/bike/Hand_and_foot_cycle.doc
>>

> Do you have anything more than a .DOC file? I don't download DOC files from
> the Web due to the chances of them containing viruses. Please think about
> using a web site if you want people to view the information you have.
>
> Cheers,
> David

I opened it, no warning messages and nothing bad seems to have happened.
Office2K and Norton AV.

It's a bunch of images and descriptions of different home-made trikes
and bikes, with hand-assisting options. Mostly by a pair of hand-levers
that have connecting rods to the pedals, but some are hand+foot cycles.
~

Solvang Cyclist wrote:
> "cjm6394" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1164044203.753223.136470
> @j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I am a korean inventor.
> >
> > Wishing you eternal prosperity, I'm writing to briefly introduce my
> > newly developed cycle. Named 'HAND & FOOT DRIVING CYCLE'and others.
> > http://eyedy.mireene.com/bike/Hand_and_foot_cycle.doc
> >

> Do you have anything more than a .DOC file? I don't download DOC files from
> the Web due to the chances of them containing viruses. Please think about
> using a web site if you want people to view the information you have.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Here's a PDF courtesy of OpenOffice: http://www.filecrunch.com/file/55y

I couldn't resist. :-D The engineering is fine, but I'm more drawn to
the paint schemes.

DougC wrote:

> It's a bunch of images and descriptions of different home-made trikes
> and bikes, with hand-assisting options. Mostly by a pair of hand-levers
> that have connecting rods to the pedals, but some are hand+foot cycles.
> ~

A lot of that looks awfully familiar. The lever drive is original, but
the hand/foot crankers are similar to the Manuped, created 30 years ago
by Fred Tatch:
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/Manuped/Manuped1.jpg
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/Manuped/Manuped2.jpg
and by Gardner Martin a couple years back:
http://www.ohpv.org/albums/bm2004/misc/pages/misc12.htm

Jeff

On Nov 20, 5:36 pm, "cjm6394" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am a korean inventor.
>
> Wishing you eternal prosperity, I'm writing to briefly introduce my
> newly developed cycle. Named 'HAND & FOOT DRIVING CYCLE'and others.http://eyedy.mireene.com/bike/Hand_and_foot_cycle.doc

Has any research been done to compare the total pedal power of
individual hand crank use +individual foot crank use with that of
combined hand/foot cranks. I believe that using combined hand/leg
cranks leads to the same problem as that of trying to combine pulling
up pedal power with that of pressing down. The only way these two power
sources can be combined is biomechanically, using that same hand crank
power for maximum resistance purposes to an extended main power stroke.