Hand pain

Zactor29

Guest
Recently I've noticed a pain in my right (hopping) hand. The
pain is in the joint that connects the finger bone to the
hand on both my middle and ring fingers. Does anyone else
get this pain, or is there something wrong with my hopping
technique?

--
zactor29
zactor29's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1253

not sure, i hacven;t got that pain but I have seriosuly cut
myself awhile ago before i put tape over the bottom of the
seat. Completely took all the skin off.... Hope soemone
knows the answer to your question!

--
special_liz - Speshial Member
special_liz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6254

I found two threads about this. You are not alone.

http://tinyurl.com/3b4ls http://tinyurl.com/ytnwe

I hope you find a fix!

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

"...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

I am learning seat out stuff, and the KH seat is soooo thick
it is hard to hold tightly for long periods of time. Try
relaxing the hand when you can. I was thinking about
inventing a handle that goes under the seat on the left side
(and behind the seat post) to make it easier to hold tightly
for long periods of time.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

zactor29 wrote:
> *Recently I've noticed a pain in my right (hopping) hand.
> The pain is in the joint that connects the finger bone to
> the hand on both my middle and ring fingers. Does anyone
> else get this pain, or is there something wrong with my
> hopping technique? *

'my hands' (http://the-clinic.nl/) are OK. Maybe drop your
question at Yuri Abrahams.

--
leo - errorist

Leo Vandewoestijne [-lay?oh! fun-duh-wwho-styne-uhh-]
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
866-UNI-CYCL

leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Are you using a Viscount seat? On my hands, those are the
only two fingers that fit under the front bumper, so they do
all the work.

Are you doing lots of seat out hopping? What kind of seat?
What kind of riding?

Your hand is more important than constant practice, so you
may need to give it a rest so it can heal.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not
because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy,

Just a few weeks ago, I posted the same question. Some
people told me that it helps to wear glove, and that the
pain would probably go away. I tried a glove and the pain is
now gone. I think the pain is a result of not being used to
using a handle, just give it some time and it'll be fine.

--
die-hard uni - 24-inch CRUISIN'

"I already gave my best. I have no regrets at all." -William Hung
die-hard uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6457