hand report

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Saw the surgeon yesterday. I was splinted two weeks longer than the original plan as he went on
    vacation. The good news is that I seem to be OK, healed with a 20% or so deformity and will not need
    corrective surgery. I do have to splint at night for a while, and be really careful of jamming it
    and possibly tearing it. But he says I'm good to go, This is very good as many out there thought the
    second round of splinting was waste of time and that it would have to be correccted surgically.

    maybe I'll take a photo with the new camera... two months worth of abraded (dead) skin looks
    really yummy

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Saw the surgeon yesterday. I was splinted two weeks longer than the original plan as he went on
    > vacation. The good news is that I seem to be OK, healed with a 20% or so deformity and will not
    > need corrective
    surgery.
    > I do have to splint at night for a while, and be really careful of jamming it and possibly tearing
    > it. But he says I'm good to go, This is very
    good
    > as many out there thought the second round of splinting was waste of time and that it would have
    > to be correccted surgically.

    Whooo-hooo! Great stuff Penny - glad it's gone well ',;~}~

    > maybe I'll take a photo with the new camera... two months worth of abraded (dead) skin looks
    > really yummy

    Keewwwwwwel!

    Look after it though eh? Don't want to see a post saying you re-injured it.

    Shaun aRe

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > Saw the surgeon yesterday. I was splinted two weeks longer than the original plan as he went on
    > vacation. The good news is that I seem to be OK, healed with a 20% or so deformity and will not
    > need corrective
    surgery.
    > I do have to splint at night for a while, and be really careful of jamming it and possibly tearing
    > it. But he says I'm good to go, This is very
    good
    > as many out there thought the second round of splinting was waste of time and that it would have
    > to be correccted surgically.
    >
    > maybe I'll take a photo with the new camera... two months worth of abraded (dead) skin looks
    > really yummy
    >
    > Penny

    Great news, get well soon and back on the bike :)

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Penny says:

    >Saw the surgeon yesterday. I was splinted two weeks longer than the original plan as he went on
    >vacation. The good news is that I seem to be OK, healed with a 20% or so deformity and will not
    >need corrective surgery.

    Good news!

    >I do have to splint at night for a while, and be really careful of jamming it and possibly
    >tearing it.

    We'll assume you will be....

    >maybe I'll take a photo with the new camera... two months worth of abraded (dead) skin looks
    >really yummy

    Don't worry - my imagination is quite up to that ;-)

    Steve

  5. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Saw the surgeon yesterday. I was splinted two weeks longer than the original plan as he went on
    | vacation.

    Despite the results, that just seems so wrong.

    | The good news is that I seem to be OK, healed with a 20% or so deformity and will not need
    | corrective
    surgery.

    YAY!

    | I do have to splint at night for a while, and be really careful of jamming it and possibly
    | tearing it.

    I still don't like putting my "officially fully healed" knee down on hard surfaces.

    | But he says I'm good to go, This is very good as many out there thought the second round of
    | splinting was waste of time and that it would have to be correccted surgically.

    I left the stitches in my knee the full recommended time, despite my usual rapid healing of wounds.
    The Doc snipped the stitches and wondered why I waited too long to get them out. The scab fell right
    off, revealing a nice pink scar.

    | maybe I'll take a photo with the new camera... two months worth of abraded (dead) skin looks
    | really yummy

    I couldn't bring myself to watch as they trimmed the ripped and ruined skin from the laceration on
    my knee. The good news now is that after riding for the last three days straight, I have absolutely
    no pain in that knee (oddly, my right knee - the healthy one - is sore!)

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/10/2003

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:
    >> Saw the surgeon yesterday. I was splinted two weeks longer than the original plan as he went on
    >> vacation. The good news is that I seem to be OK, healed with a 20% or so deformity and will not
    >> need corrective surgery. I do have to splint at night for a while, and be really careful of
    >> jamming it and possibly tearing it. But he says I'm good to go, This is very good as many out
    >> there thought the second round of splinting was waste of time and that it would have to be
    >> correccted surgically.
    >>
    >> maybe I'll take a photo with the new camera... two months worth of abraded (dead) skin looks
    >> really yummy
    >>
    >> Penny
    >
    > Great news, get well soon and back on the bike :)

    I never was off it!!!

  7. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > I never was off it!!!

    My apology. This is what happens when you're too busy riding and not reading what's going on in AMB
    on a regular basis...

    But anyways, its great to hear the good news :)

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  8. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Saw the surgeon yesterday. I was splinted two weeks longer than the original plan as he went on
    > vacation. The good news is that I seem to be OK, healed with a 20% or so deformity and will not
    > need corrective
    surgery.
    > I do have to splint at night for a while, and be really careful of jamming it and possibly tearing
    > it. But he says I'm good to go, This is very
    good
    > as many out there thought the second round of splinting was waste of time and that it would have
    > to be correccted surgically.

    Very good to hear!

    > maybe I'll take a photo with the new camera... two months worth of abraded (dead) skin looks
    > really yummy
    >
    > Penny

    Ooooh yeah! Get it so it looks like you're flipping the bird so's we can add it to our collection of
    'ostrich' pics and such. ;^)

    Mike