Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Handbuilt wheels for training bike

Started by Msa · · Last activity · 5 posts · 997 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 November 2003
Last activity
20 November 2003
Original author
Msa
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
997
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My current training wheels are Open Pro's laced to Record hubs, which I am very pleased with. I want
    to add a second set of wheels that I can use during winter (winter bike is 9spd, other is 10).

    I'm thinking of going for a lower range hub (Veloce of Mirage) and a Mavic rim. I know Record would
    be better but I am not concerned about weight...I'm just after a bomb-proof set of wheels for hard
    winter training...at a decent price (Veloce set = £70, Record set = £158)

    Can someone explain the difference between the CXP22 and the CXP33 Mavic rims please? I'm thinking
    Veloce/CXP33...any better suggestions (Velocity rims not available in UK!)

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Mark (MSA)

  2. MSA-<< Can someone explain the difference between the CXP22 and the CXP33 Mavic rims please? I'm
    thinking Veloce/CXP33...any better suggestions (Velocity rims not available in UK!) >><BR><BR>

    CXP-33 is 'socketed', thatb is with 'eyelets' and the CXP-22 is a single eyelet. CXP-22 is ONLY 32
    hole as well and about twice the price of black CXP-33.

    I have a T520/Centaur wheelset I'll sell ya for $255 plus shipping to UK

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. Quoted message said:

    CXP-33 is 'socketed', thatb is with 'eyelets' and the CXP-22 is a single eyelet. CXP-22 is ONLY 32
    hole as well and about twice the price of black CXP-33.

    I have a T520/Centaur wheelset I'll sell ya for $255 plus shipping to UK

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

    According to the Mavic site both are available in 36? CXP33 is the more expensive rim surely?

    Either way, out of the two, can I presume the 33 is best?

    Thanks, Mark

  4. [email hidden] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    MSA-<< According to the Mavic site both are available in 36? CXP33 is the more expensive rim
    surely? >><BR><BR>

    Perhaps for 2004 but for 2003, CXP-22 only ion 32 hole and black.

    CXP-33 is twice the price of the CXP-22, for black rims.

    MSA<< Either way, out of the two, can I presume the 33 is best? >><BR><BR>

    They both can make for a good wheelset, if built well.

    I guess the wheelbuilding club needs to add this to their sigs:

    "Rims don't build good wheels- good wheelbuilders build good wheels!"

    Jeff

  5. "Jeff Wills" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    MSA-<< According to the Mavic site both are available in 36? CXP33 is


    the more

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    expensive rim surely? >><BR><BR>

    Perhaps for 2004 but for 2003, CXP-22 only ion 32 hole and black.

    CXP-33 is twice the price of the CXP-22, for black rims.

    MSA<< Either way, out of the two, can I presume the 33 is best?
    <BR><BR>

    They both can make for a good wheelset, if built well.

    I guess the wheelbuilding club needs to add this to their sigs:

    "Rims don't build good wheels- good wheelbuilders build good wheels!"

    Jeff

    They can add what they like, if only they would tell me which were the best rims for the job
    in question.

    A driver can drive both a Ferrari and a tractor well, but if I specified I wanted to drive across a
    muddy field, a Ferrari wouldn't be much use would it!

    Still, I've found out what I'm looking for now, thanks for everyone's time.

    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Predictive text-messaging is the enip ankloblr

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.