Handbuilt wheels for training bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Msa, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    My current training wheels are Open Pro's laced to Record hubs, which I am very pleased with. I want
    to add a second set of wheels that I can use during winter (winter bike is 9spd, other is 10).

    I'm thinking of going for a lower range hub (Veloce of Mirage) and a Mavic rim. I know Record would
    be better but I am not concerned about weight...I'm just after a bomb-proof set of wheels for hard
    winter training...at a decent price (Veloce set = £70, Record set = £158)

    Can someone explain the difference between the CXP22 and the CXP33 Mavic rims please? I'm thinking
    Veloce/CXP33...any better suggestions (Velocity rims not available in UK!)

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Tags:

  2. MSA-<< Can someone explain the difference between the CXP22 and the CXP33 Mavic rims please? I'm
    thinking Veloce/CXP33...any better suggestions (Velocity rims not available in UK!) >><BR><BR>

    CXP-33 is 'socketed', thatb is with 'eyelets' and the CXP-22 is a single eyelet. CXP-22 is ONLY 32
    hole as well and about twice the price of black CXP-33.

    I have a T520/Centaur wheelset I'll sell ya for $255 plus shipping to UK

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > CXP-33 is 'socketed', thatb is with 'eyelets' and the CXP-22 is a single eyelet. CXP-22 is ONLY 32
    > hole as well and about twice the price of black CXP-33.
    >
    > I have a T520/Centaur wheelset I'll sell ya for $255 plus shipping to UK

    According to the Mavic site both are available in 36? CXP33 is the more expensive rim surely?

    Either way, out of the two, can I presume the 33 is best?

    Thanks, Mark

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > MSA-<< According to the Mavic site both are available in 36? CXP33 is the more expensive rim
    > surely? >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Perhaps for 2004 but for 2003, CXP-22 only ion 32 hole and black.
    >
    > CXP-33 is twice the price of the CXP-22, for black rims.
    >
    > MSA<< Either way, out of the two, can I presume the 33 is best? >><BR><BR>
    >

    > They both can make for a good wheelset, if built well.

    I guess the wheelbuilding club needs to add this to their sigs:

    "Rims don't build good wheels- good wheelbuilders build good wheels!"

    Jeff

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > MSA-<< According to the Mavic site both are available in 36? CXP33 is
    the more
    > > expensive rim surely? >><BR><BR>
    > >
    > > Perhaps for 2004 but for 2003, CXP-22 only ion 32 hole and black.
    > >
    > > CXP-33 is twice the price of the CXP-22, for black rims.
    > >
    > > MSA<< Either way, out of the two, can I presume the 33 is best?
    >><BR><BR>
    > >

    > > They both can make for a good wheelset, if built well.
    > >

    > I guess the wheelbuilding club needs to add this to their sigs:
    >
    > "Rims don't build good wheels- good wheelbuilders build good wheels!"
    >
    > Jeff

    They can add what they like, if only they would tell me which were the best rims for the job
    in question.

    A driver can drive both a Ferrari and a tractor well, but if I specified I wanted to drive across a
    muddy field, a Ferrari wouldn't be much use would it!

    Still, I've found out what I'm looking for now, thanks for everyone's time.

    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Predictive text-messaging is the enip ankloblr