Handcycle info / plans

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ima, Jan 30, 2003.

  1. Ima

    Ima Guest

    I am very interested in building a trike handcycle. I saw one reference in an older Bicycling
    magazine about one built by a Jim Brummer. No luck tracking that. Also, I could not find much doing
    google searches in reference to plans or what works .(prefered rake, trail, ect.) Would like some
    thing pretty low slung soas not to tip over. And one that handles decent at speed.

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. "Ima" skrev...
    > I am very interested in building a trike handcycle. I saw one reference in an older Bicycling
    > magazine about one built by a Jim Brummer. No luck tracking that.

    Tim Brummer from Lightning? Didn't find any mention of handcycles. http://www.lightningbikes.com/

    But Varna makes a lot of handcycles. Maybe some tips to be had there.
    http://www.varnahandcycles.com/

    Mikael

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mikael Seierup wrote:

    > "Ima" skrev...
    > > I am very interested in building a trike handcycle. I saw one reference in an older Bicycling
    > > magazine about one built by a Jim Brummer. No luck tracking that.
    >
    > Tim Brummer from Lightning? Didn't find any mention of handcycles.
    > http://www.lightningbikes.com/...

    The Lightning Handcycle web site is at < http://www.handcycle.com/ >. The exact relationship between
    Lightning Cycle Dynamics (LCD) (Thunderbolt, Phantom, P-38, and R-84) and Lightning Handcycles is
    unclear, although LCD proprietor Tim Brummer is mentioned as being the builder of the Lightning
    Handcycle.

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and
    Dragonflyer

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Ima) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am very interested in building a trike handcycle. I saw one reference in an older Bicycling
    > magazine about one built by a Jim Brummer. No luck tracking that. Also, I could not find much
    > doing google searches in reference to plans or what works .(prefered rake, trail, ect.) Would like
    > some thing pretty low slung soas not to tip over. And one that handles decent at speed.
    >
    > Thanks

    Did you try punching "handcycle" into Google? -
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=handcycle

    Jeff