Handcycling.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Oliver Jones, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Oliver Jones

    Oliver Jones Guest

    Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
    non-functional/ existent). I have a bolt-on to my wheelchair and am trying to find the best setup
    position for the crank in relation to my should level. I have been surfing the web (as always) for
    information on this query and have only pictures to go on, which is useful to a point.

    As we are all in the same boat, so to speak (I also carry around inner tubes, levers , a pump and an
    assortment of tool, I feel that if anyone would know it would be your good selves. Any help would be
    gratefully received and used.
    --
    O.J.

    "You can get away with a lot of shit if it looks like it's all you know how to do."

    Tags:

  2. >Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
    >non-functional/ existent).

    I don't know if this is any good, but try

    <http://www.cobr.co.uk/e-cobr_information/n_and_l_cyclists_section/section
    s/disabled_cyclist.html>

    Best of luck.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Oliver Jones wrote:
    > Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
    > non-functional/ existent).

    I imagine Helen's link will be quite useful. Otherwise, these people will probably be able to put
    you in contact with other hand cyclists: http://www.motivation.org.uk/

    Thomas Paine

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Oliver Jones wrote:

    > Does anyone know any information on handcycling

    I'm sorry I don't but hopefully the following groups will help, if you don't subscribe already:

    There may also be some on www.topica.com but I can't find them now.

    ~PB

  5. Ben

    Ben Guest

    "Oliver Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
    > non-functional/ existent). I have a bolt-on to my wheelchair and am trying to find the best setup
    > position for the crank in relation to my should level. I have been surfing the web (as always) for
    > information on this query and have only pictures to go on, which is useful to a point.

    London Recumbents http://www.londonrecumbents.com/index.php may be able to advise. They have
    handcrank tricycles and even a rather splendid handcranked recumbent trike
    http://www.londonrecumbents.com/product.php?prodid=76, and a fair bit of experience in
    setting them up.

    Ben Tansley not in any official capacity.