Handcycling.

Oliver Jones

Guest
Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
non-functional/ existent). I have a bolt-on to my wheelchair and am trying to find the best setup
position for the crank in relation to my should level. I have been surfing the web (as always) for
information on this query and have only pictures to go on, which is useful to a point.

As we are all in the same boat, so to speak (I also carry around inner tubes, levers , a pump and an
assortment of tool, I feel that if anyone would know it would be your good selves. Any help would be
gratefully received and used.
--
O.J.

"You can get away with a lot of **** if it looks like it's all you know how to do."

>Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
>non-functional/ existent).

I don't know if this is any good, but try

<http://www.cobr.co.uk/e-cobr_information/n_and_l_cyclists_section/section
s/disabled_cyclist.html>

Best of luck.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Oliver Jones wrote:
> Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
> non-functional/ existent).

I imagine Helen's link will be quite useful. Otherwise, these people will probably be able to put
you in contact with other hand cyclists: http://www.motivation.org.uk/

Thomas Paine

"Oliver Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know any information on handcycling, (i.e. not using your legs due to them being
> non-functional/ existent). I have a bolt-on to my wheelchair and am trying to find the best setup
> position for the crank in relation to my should level. I have been surfing the web (as always) for
> information on this query and have only pictures to go on, which is useful to a point.

London Recumbents http://www.londonrecumbents.com/index.php may be able to advise. They have
handcrank tricycles and even a rather splendid handcranked recumbent trike
http://www.londonrecumbents.com/product.php?prodid=76, and a fair bit of experience in
setting them up.

Ben Tansley not in any official capacity.