handicap race

Could someone tell me what a handicap race is?

I saw this:

The Nielsen Challenge is a monthly 2-mile handicap race, organized by
the Pikes Peak Road Runners. It's held on the first Saturday of each
month at 8:00 am. This is a low-key event and usually gets around 20-50
participants. It's FREE, with race day sign up only.

It doesn't look like it's for handicapped people.

On 24 Sep 2005 14:39:22 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Could someone tell me what a handicap race is?

Anyone they allow Doug Freese to participate in.

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

[email protected] wrote:

> Could someone tell me what a handicap race is?
>
> I saw this:
>
> The Nielsen Challenge is a monthly 2-mile handicap race, organized by
> the Pikes Peak Road Runners. It's held on the first Saturday of each
> month at 8:00 am. This is a low-key event and usually gets around 20-50
> participants. It's FREE, with race day sign up only.
>
> It doesn't look like it's for handicapped people.

Runners are assigned different start times based upon WAVA tables which
reflect top performances for each age group. In theory, if all of the
runners were equally fit, everyone would cross the finish line at the same
time.

--
Phil M.

"Phil M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Runners are assigned different start times based upon WAVA tables
> which
> reflect top performances for each age group. In theory, if all of the
> runners were equally fit, everyone would cross the finish line at the
> same
> time.

Think of what a mess that would if it ever came true. ;)

-DF

yes please.
sorry I only got B+ thru school.
just kidding. going riding. later.
W doing great. keep up good work.
4 news guys. on what I am thing. w well u no. back talk. bikeing.
and t.v. because body only lets me do so much.
and money only lets me do so much too.
sorry for probes in world. butt well it is big world from a bike
view.
handicap......I think..... thanks for food. and health maybe? and
food maybe? and well what ever......