handle bar length

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mpt, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Mpt

    Mpt Guest

    I wonder if people cut the length of handle bar for better fit?

    ---

  2. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    "MPT" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I wonder if people cut the length of handle bar for better fit?

    Do you really wonder that?

    Chalo Colina

  3. I shortenned the bar-end that I got at a raffle because they were too long. Never had to shorten a
    handlebar, though. I don't see any reason why you couldn't though.

    Why? Are yours too long?

  4. "MPT" <[email protected]> writes:

    > I wonder if people cut the length of handle bar for better fit?

    I read somewhere that you should cut the bars to the same width as your shoulders. So I did, well
    almost, and ended up whith it looking ridiculously narrow, it works fine though.

    --
    __o | Øyvind Røtvold _`\(, | http://www.darkside.no/olr/index.html (_)/(_) | ... biciclare
    necesse est ...

  5. "MPT" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I wonder if people cut the length of handle bar for better fit?

    I cut the handlebars on my wife's bike to make them a little narrower.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com