Handlebar Bag for Mtn Bike?

Tonga

Guest
Hello all,

A couple of years ago, when I bought my bike, I also outfitted myself with all the usual gear (seat
bag, spare tubes, wrenches, tube patch kit, etc.) The keystone of this equipment was my handlebar
bag, which I use to hold spare glasses, light battery, and any spare stuff I feel like bringing. The
bag I got was from Nashbar, and hooked onto the handlebars, facing towards me (resting atop the
hub). After zillions of miles (actually, only 5,000 or so) this thing is showing the results of the
abuse that I've gladly heaped upon it. I figured I'd replace it, and did a little shopping. Much to
my surprise, this style of bag has apparently been discontinued by virtually everyone I have checked
(Nashbar, Performance, EMS, REI). I really can't put a bag on the front of my handlebars, because I
have lots of other devices that use the space, such as my light and cyclometer. So, in short, does
anyone have any idea where I might get such a bag?

On Sun, 18 May 2003 16:05:13 +0000, Tonga wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> A couple of years ago, when I bought my bike, I also outfitted myself with all the usual gear
> (seat bag, spare tubes, wrenches, tube patch kit, etc.) The keystone of this equipment was my
> handlebar bag, which I use to hold spare glasses, light battery, and any spare stuff I feel like
> bringing. The bag I got was from Nashbar, and hooked onto the handlebars, facing towards me
> (resting atop the hub). After zillions of miles (actually, only 5,000 or so) this thing is showing
> the results of the abuse that I've gladly heaped upon it. I figured I'd replace it, and did a
> little shopping. Much to my surprise, this style of bag has apparently been discontinued by
> virtually everyone I have checked (Nashbar, Performance, EMS, REI). I really can't put a bag on
> the front of my handlebars, because I have lots of other devices that use the space, such as my
> light and cyclometer. So, in short, does anyone have any idea where I might get such a bag?

I got mine at LL-Bean.

Vaughn

"Tonga" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello all,
>
> A couple of years ago, when I bought my bike, I also outfitted myself with all the usual gear
> (seat bag, spare tubes, wrenches, tube patch kit, etc.) The keystone of this equipment was my
> handlebar bag, which I use to hold spare glasses, light battery, and any spare stuff I feel like
> bringing. The bag I got was from Nashbar, and hooked onto the handlebars, facing towards me
> (resting atop the hub). After zillions of miles (actually, only 5,000 or so) this thing is showing
> the results of the abuse that I've gladly heaped upon it. I figured I'd replace it, and did a
> little shopping. Much to my surprise, this style of bag has apparently been discontinued by
> virtually everyone I have checked (Nashbar, Performance, EMS, REI). I really can't put a bag on
> the front of my handlebars, because I have lots of other devices that use the space, such as my
> light and cyclometer. So, in short, does anyone have any idea where I might get such a bag?

Here's an exceptionally feature-laden model: http://www.yellowjersey.org/hb.html Simpler designs
start at $20 or so.

Again, the entire universe is not on-line. Did you try your friendly competent well-stocked LBS?
We're just a small bike shop in the middle of nowhere and we have five different handlebar bags.