Handlebar on Canto backwards?

Sharon

Guest
My husband and I just purchased two new Cantos but I'm wondering if the bike shop put the
handlebars on backwards. Shouldn't there be a stop on the outside of the handlebar to limit how far
forward it moves? There is a stop on the inside. Just seemed backwards to me. Hope someone has the
answer. Thanks.

[email protected] (Sharon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> My husband and I just purchased two new Cantos but I'm wondering if the bike shop put the
> handlebars on backwards. Shouldn't there be a stop on the outside of the handlebar to limit how
> far forward it moves? There is a stop on the inside. Just seemed backwards to me. Hope someone has
> the answer. Thanks.

The handlebar down tube clamps over the steering tube that is hinged and rises upwards. There should
be a stop limit screw in the front to prevent the bar from pivoting all the way forward. The more
important adjustment is behind the steerer tube which is a screw and lock nut which provides the
adjustment of how far toward the rider the handlebar moves before stopping.

Regards, Gene(Burley Taiko, bike E NX)

Hi Sharon The bar on my Taiko is just like yours. I believe that's the way they intended it to be.
It's handy to be able to fold the bar all the way forward for loading into my pickup with the cap.

Rod

I have a 2002 Canto and unless they changed the design this is the way it is suppose to work. There
is no stop on the forward movement (away from the rider)and a screw with set nut as a stop for
backward movement (toward the rider). Good luck with your Canto. If you go to Burley's web site
under FAQ they have setup and riding hints.