Handlebar Pillows & Tape

Spcialized has worked well for me except for the bar ends. Their bar ends kept wanting to slip out until I glued them in place with silicon glue. I think that most major manufacturer's pillows and tape are pretty much as good as the others. I would let the price be my guide. Suggestions for a summer tape? Black cork-major manufactuer. BTW- Aztec makes good after market products but they are a little higher priced.

Black tape in summer? Do you live somewhere cold? Try that around these parts and you'd be having fried hands when the temps stay 100F for weeks on end...

White tape. Plain and simple...

swampy1970 said:
Black tape in summer? Do you live somewhere cold? Try that around these parts and you'd be having fried hands when the temps stay 100F for weeks on end...

I doubt black cork tape would fry anyones hands :confused:

swampy1970 said:

Bad old Ohio. Rearely do we see a day over 85 degrees. I prefer black tape as it hides the dirt that I pick up doing tire changes and/or tweaks to my bike. I haven't had any problems with the temperature of the bars yet and it beats replacing the tape every couple of weeks because it is no longer white but sort of a dirty gray.

steve said:
I doubt black cork tape would fry anyones hands :confused:

It gets uncomfortably warm if you're riding uphill with no mitts on when it's really hot.

At that point everything is too hot but it's nice to have something that's a little cooler than the default 'fecking toasty'. :p