Handlebars (fwd)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Lee Tharps, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. Lee Tharps

    Lee Tharps Guest

    So, I keep seeing these weird handlebars. They're 'u-shaped' and point forward, and some people put
    em on the other way. What are these called?

    The look pretty comfy. Where would I find more info about them?

    Thanks. ~Lee

    _______________________________
    M Lee Tharps Dept of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University [email protected]
    www.espasticity.net

    319 Morewood Ave Apt 18 Pittsburgh, PA 15213 ,-._,-. \/)"(\/ (_o_)
    (412) 687-2521 / \/)
    (413) 901-4785(mobile) (|| ||) oo-oo
    ______________________________

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Lee Tharps
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > So, I keep seeing these weird handlebars. They're 'u-shaped' and point forward, and some people
    > put em on the other way. What are these called?
    >
    > The look pretty comfy. Where would I find more info about them?

    Well, there are "bullhorn" bars, beloved as part of a tri/TT-bike (along with aerobars), and there
    are drop bars turned upside down, beloved of DUI-riders who don't want to be riding a road bike.

    Bullhorn bars are basically designed to reproduce the drop-bar position of a regular bar. You might
    get more versatility by just raising a set of drop bars above the position suggested by good racer
    form. I have my father riding such a bike (old tourer with a fairly high drop bar) and he loves it.