Handlebars

ride4him

Jan 30, 2005
I'm looking to upgrade the stock handlebars on my Trek 6000. I really liked the Ritchey bars on my road bike. I'm looking for a riser bar around 1.5" rise with minimal sweep. Is there a handlebar made without any sweep?

ride4him said:
I'm looking to upgrade the stock handlebars on my Trek 6000. I really liked the Ritchey bars on my road bike. I'm looking for a riser bar around 1.5" rise with minimal sweep. Is there a handlebar made without any sweep?
Do you hate the angle or the fact that sweep shortens the bike? I wanted to suggest getting a longer, 1.5" taller stem.

ride4him said:
If you still want a straight handlebar, then you need an older 25.4mm stem + a piece of 1" OD PIPE that you would get from your local hardware store or HOME DEPOT.

Look on EBay -- saw a 1.5 riser in carbon w/ 4deg sweep, bout as close to straight as you get.