hanging bikes for storage

Grant Byrne

Guest
G'day,

Is it okay to hang a bike from the roof of a garage while it is not in use. Will it do anything to a
Z1 drop off fork or Fox Vanilla RC shock. What about the rear wheel? The bike weighs about 16kg.

Thanks, Grant.

"the only problem is that you'll have to remove it when you start using again the roof, for garage
roof i would stick to manitou since they are made in the USA and are compatible with garage roof
building codes, it won't cost you more than a grand to replace both shock and fork and you'll have
the peace of mind that the roof will not fall off and it will be ok when you decide to use it, now i
would also reccomend the rear wheel to be stored if possible on the kitchen's roof since the
shingles there tend to be far better suited for rear wheels. specially if you are using tubeless
wheels. that's my 2 cents.

RE/
>The bike weighs about 16kg.

16 * 2.2 = 34.2 lbs....

Finally! Somebody with a heavier bike than mine (but not by much...)
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

--------------020401020703030607010500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:

>RE/
>
>>The bike weighs about 16kg.
>>

>16 * 2.2 = 34.2 lbs....
>
>Finally! Somebody with a heavier bike than mine (but not by much...)

Thanks. I tried to buy parts that i thought would be durable but unfortunately that added weight. I
can live with it i guess.

Grant

--------------020401020703030607010500 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

--------------020401020703030607010500--

RE/
>Thanks. I tried to buy parts that i thought would be durable but unfortunately that added weight. I
>can live with it i guess.

Same here.

Think of it this way: if you had a 23-lb bike, every time you had to ride something else, it would
feel like a pig. This way, whenever you get the chance to ride something else it'll feel livlier....
at least that's how it was when the frame broke on my Ellsworth Isis (32-33 lbs...) and I had to
ride my Jekyll for a couple of months. (but I was still glad to get back to the Isis...)
PeteCresswell