hanging bikes

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> Since we're bragging, I'd like to point out that this weekend I laid
> smack down. I think that's good:
>
> http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews/September/9.27.0510.14AM04.shtml

It's good to hear you laid down the smack, that stuff is bad for you.

;)

Seriously, congratulations on your Cyclocross victory. I'm hoping to take
start the beginner's cyclocross that's offered out here next year. I was
hoping to do it this year, but between work and home and breaking my frame
I think I'll try again next fall.

--
Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"A University without students is like an ointment without a fly."

[email protected] (Rich)
wrote:
>It's difficult to bump your head on it if
>you simply stand it up.

It's also less difficult to stub your bare toes on it when it's hanging
up.

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

I submit that on or about Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:57:10 -0400, the person
known to the court as [email protected] (Chris Zacho "The
Wheelman") made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's
bundle) to the following effect:

>"Let the games begin!"

I considered x-posting to rbt to see if anyone there would be
sufficiently humourless to take it at face value - but decided not to
:)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

http://www.nikigudex.com/images/sportbook4.jpg

Like this one.

~Rob

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:00:51 -0700,
: <[email protected]>,
: "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote:
:
: ><[email protected]> wrote in message
: >news:[email protected]...
: >> You might have a Mountain bike racer come by and hang off of
it.
: >> http://www.nikigudex.com/images/sportbook1.jpg
: >
: >
: >Damn! They said they wouldn't publish that photo of me!
:
: Did you get it in writing?
:
: It looks like they published at least six more too.
: --
: zk

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:00:51 -0700,
> <[email protected]>,
> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> You might have a Mountain bike racer come by and hang off of it.
>>> http://www.nikigudex.com/images/sportbook1.jpg

>>Damn! They said they wouldn't publish that photo of me!

> Did you get it in writing?
>
> It looks like they published at least six more too.

OK, ok, so they aren't pictures of me. Anyone could tell that. My boobs are
a lot bigger than hers.
--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:

>> So, are you into this cyclocross thing, or was this
>> just a one-off lark?

> Well, that was my first race. It will not likely be my last. Right now
> it looks like the plan is to put very skinny (30 mm) cross tires on the
> road bike and bring that and the MTB to the rest of the races this
> season.

I have a hunch the road bike will get the most use.

> To put it briefly, I found 'cross racing pretty enjoyable and I show a
> modicum of talent for it, so I shall continue to race it until it's not
> fun. It makes for a nice no-pressure off-season activity, and for a lot

You just can't stop competing for an off-season, eh? :) :)
But I guess it keeps ya sharp.

> of reasons 'cross is a bit lower-key (at least in terms of attitude)
> than road racing.

I hope it involves some fun little primes to "make it interesting".

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

[email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >> So, are you into this cyclocross thing, or was this
> >> just a one-off lark?

> > Well, that was my first race. It will not likely be my last. Right now
> > it looks like the plan is to put very skinny (30 mm) cross tires on the
> > road bike and bring that and the MTB to the rest of the races this
> > season.

> I have a hunch the road bike will get the most use.

If it's not muddy, probably.

> > To put it briefly, I found 'cross racing pretty enjoyable and I show a
> > modicum of talent for it, so I shall continue to race it until it's not
> > fun. It makes for a nice no-pressure off-season activity, and for a lot

> You just can't stop competing for an off-season, eh? :) :)
> But I guess it keeps ya sharp.

The difference is basically that I haven't invested any time in
seriously training for these races.

> > of reasons 'cross is a bit lower-key (at least in terms of attitude)
> > than road racing.

> I hope it involves some fun little primes to "make it interesting".

Last weekend only the A race got to ride for the 6-pack of Heineken
offered as the first-lap prime.