Hansons Windows

Lisa Roberts

Oct 7, 2009
Hi, my name is Lisa and I work for Hansons Windows. My best friend is also my co-worker. Her birthday is coming up and she is really into cycling. She has a really expensive bike. We see each other almost everyday and it is hard to hide anything from her. I would ask her what kind of bike she has so I can go into a shop and get her some sort of accessory for her bike. The only problem is, if I ask then she'll know that it has something to do with what I'm getting her for her birthday.

My question is this: Is there any sort of accessory that a biker with any bike can use. I don't know much about all this and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa Roberts said:
Hi, my name is Lisa and I work for Hansons Windows. My best friend is also my co-worker. Her birthday is coming up and she is really into cycling. She has a really expensive bike. We see each other almost everyday and it is hard to hide anything from her. I would ask her what kind of bike she has so I can go into a shop and get her some sort of accessory for her bike. The only problem is, if I ask then she'll know that it has something to do with what I'm getting her for her birthday.

My question is this: Is there any sort of accessory that a biker with any bike can use. I don't know much about all this and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Instead of a cycling accessory, how about a cycling book, video, poster, pizza cutter??

Park Tool Website

books

VeloPress: Endurance Sports and Fitness Books

Or gift card?

+1 on the gift card.

Cycling clothes are always a good gift, if you know her size.

I would stick with cycling jerseys. Trying to buy an avid cyclist riding shorts or pants is a waste of effort, unless you know exactly the brand, model, and size they prefer.

As long as the jersey is the right size and looks cool, she should be pleased.

Lisa Roberts said:

Thanks in advance.

Cycling presents for a female... in the upper Mid-West, USA.
I'm thinking long fingered cycling gloves with padded palms. Arm warmers. Leg warmers. A Pearl Izumi wind jacket with reflective piping. A bright blinky tail light. If she's really special, and you can afford it, something (returnable/exchangeable) in Gore-Tex.

Or the gift card, but personally I'd rather have the giver ask me for a range of ideas, than receive a gift card that ties me to a particular shop.