Happy about weight gain

Billie Severy

Guest
Happy New Year Everyone,

I crawled back to WW Monday to find out how many pounds Santa had left me...... And was I surprised
that it was only 3.2! That's the first time I have ever been HAPPY to hear that I had gained over
three lbs.!! I was just so darn glad it was NOT the 10 I had been expecting after eating dozens of
chocolate cookies over the holidays.

I was really out of control. I was in the middle a family crisis, when 10 out-of town relatives
decided to come for an extended visit, and the stress was too much. Despite all my careful planning
to survive....I caved and started a week-long cookie binge. The last bit of company left Saturday,
and I have been on program ever since.

It being the first of the year...I, like many others, have new-found motivation and am chomping at
the bit to join the next challenge. I signed up for the last two and didn't really work at it....so
I am hoping I'll stick to it this time. If someone could point me in the direction of who is doing
the challenge I will appreciate it.

I have simply got to make a commitment to read and post on this newsgroup, because when I do it, I
lose, and when I don't, I don't! O.K. here is my promise to check in here everyday. Done. Now all I
have to do is sit back and watch those lbs. fall off. LOL

Thanks to every single one of you for being here and for all of your support.... You are great!

Billie :)
207 / 172.2 / 141

Amberle is hosting the next challenge, Resolutions Are for Losers (RAFL). Here's the
website: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm. She has an online form that you
can use to sign up.

Sorry to hear your holidays were so stressful. At least everyone's gone home now and you can get
back to taking care of yourself.

I had holiday guests, too, and although I didn't indulge too heavily in sweets, I did give up my
exercise program for a couple of weeks. Finally made it back to the gym tonight for some
cardio/strength training work. My muscles are sore, almost like starting over. But boy, it sure
feels good. I imagine that's a little like how you're feeling with your company gone and getting
yourself back on program.

You're right about the value of this NG. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Prairie Roots

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:39:41 -0800 (PST), [email protected] (Billie Severy) wrote:

>Happy New Year Everyone,
>
>I crawled back to WW Monday to find out how many pounds Santa had left me...... And was I surprised
>that it was only 3.2! That's the first time I have ever been HAPPY to hear that I had gained over
>three lbs.!! I was just so darn glad it was NOT the 10 I had been expecting after eating dozens of
>chocolate cookies over the holidays.
>
>I was really out of control. I was in the middle a family crisis, when 10 out-of town relatives
>decided to come for an extended visit, and the stress was too much. Despite all my careful planning
>to survive....I caved and started a week-long cookie binge. The last bit of company left Saturday,
>and I have been on program ever since.
>
>It being the first of the year...I, like many others, have new-found motivation and am chomping at
>the bit to join the next challenge. I signed up for the last two and didn't really work at it....so
>I am hoping I'll stick to it this time. If someone could point me in the direction of who is doing
>the challenge I will appreciate it.
>
>I have simply got to make a commitment to read and post on this newsgroup, because when I do it, I
>lose, and when I don't, I don't! O.K. here is my promise to check in here everyday. Done. Now all I
>have to do is sit back and watch those lbs. fall off. LOL
>
>Thanks to every single one of you for being here and for all of your support.... You are great!
>
>Billie :)
>207 / 172.2 / 141

glad you are getting back to it, good luck, Lee
Billie Severy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Happy New Year Everyone,
>
> I crawled back to WW Monday to find out how many pounds Santa had left me...... And was I
> surprised that it was only 3.2! That's the first time I have ever been HAPPY to hear that I had
> gained over three lbs.!! I was just so darn glad it was NOT the 10 I had been expecting after
> eating dozens of chocolate cookies over the holidays.
>
> I was really out of control. I was in the middle a family crisis, when 10 out-of town relatives
> decided to come for an extended visit, and the stress was too much. Despite all my careful
> planning to survive....I caved and started a week-long cookie binge. The last bit of company left
> Saturday, and I have been on program ever since.
>
> It being the first of the year...I, like many others, have new-found motivation and am chomping at
> the bit to join the next challenge. I signed up for the last two and didn't really work at
> it....so I am hoping I'll stick to it this time. If someone could point me in the direction of who
> is doing the challenge I will appreciate it.
>
> I have simply got to make a commitment to read and post on this newsgroup, because when I do it, I
> lose, and when I don't, I don't! O.K. here is my promise to check in here everyday. Done. Now all
> I have to do is sit back and watch those lbs. fall off. LOL
>
> Thanks to every single one of you for being here and for all of your support.... You are great!
>
> Billie :)
> 207 / 172.2 / 141

Hi Billie...welcome back.

Carol

318/237.6/169
81.4 lost since December 2002
I am a slim person in process.
"Billie Severy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Happy New Year Everyone,
>
> I crawled back to WW Monday to find out how many pounds Santa had left
> me......
> And was I surprised that it was only 3.2!
> That's the first time I have ever been HAPPY to hear that I had gained
> over three lbs.!! I was just so darn glad it was NOT the 10 I had been
> expecting after eating dozens of chocolate cookies over the holidays.
>
> I was really out of control.
> I was in the middle a family crisis, when 10 out-of town relatives
> decided to come for an extended visit, and the stress was too much.
> Despite all my careful planning to survive....I caved and started a
> week-long cookie binge. The last bit of company left Saturday, and I
> have been on program ever since.
>
> It being the first of the year...I, like many others, have new-found
> motivation and am chomping at the bit to join the next challenge. I
> signed up for the last two and didn't really work at it....so I am
> hoping I'll stick to it this time. If someone could point me in the
> direction of who is doing the challenge I will appreciate it.
>
> I have simply got to make a commitment to read and post on this
> newsgroup, because when I do it, I lose, and when I don't, I don't! O.K.
> here is my promise to check in here everyday. Done. Now all I have to do
> is sit back and watch those lbs. fall off. LOL
>
> Thanks to every single one of you for being here and for all of your
> support....
> You are great!
>
> Billie :)
> 207 / 172.2 / 141

------=_NextPart_000_01CA_01C3D509.6D037170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

That is great that Santa did not leave you with that many lbs gained. = You must have been on the
good list. It is funny how when losing weight = we can put things in perspective and be happy about
only gaining 3 lbs = when expecting 10 especially when we are stressed out. Kristine "Billie Severy"
<[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]... Happy
New Year Everyone,

I crawled back to WW Monday to find out how many pounds Santa had left me...... And was I surprised
that it was only 3.2! That's the first time I have ever been HAPPY to hear that I had gained over
three lbs.!! I was just so darn glad it was NOT the 10 I had been expecting after eating dozens of
chocolate cookies over the holidays.

I was really out of control. I was in the middle a family crisis, when 10 out-of town relatives
decided to come for an extended visit, and the stress was too much. Despite all my careful planning
to survive....I caved and started a week-long cookie binge. The last bit of company left Saturday,
and I have been on program ever since.=20

It being the first of the year...I, like many others, have new-found motivation and am chomping at
the bit to join the next challenge. I signed up for the last two and didn't really work at it....so
I am hoping I'll stick to it this time. If someone could point me in the direction of who is doing
the challenge I will appreciate it.=20

I have simply got to make a commitment to read and post on this newsgroup, because when I do it, I
lose, and when I don't, I don't! O.K. here is my promise to check in here everyday. Done. Now all I
have to do is sit back and watch those lbs. fall off. LOL

Thanks to every single one of you for being here and for all of your support.... You are great!

Billie :)
207 / 172.2 / 141

------=_NextPart_000_01CA_01C3D509.6D037170 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That is great that Santa did not leave = you with=20 that many lbs
gained. You must have been on the good list. It is funny = how when=20 losing weight we can put
things in perspective and be happy about only = gaining 3=20 lbs when expecting 10 especially
when we are stressed out.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kristine</FONT></DIV>
<>"Billie Severy" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote
in = message=20 <A=20 href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:12857-
3F= [email protected]</A>...</DIV>Happy=20 New Year Everyone,<BR><BR>I
crawled back to WW Monday to find out how = many=20 pounds Santa had left<BR>me......<BR>And
was I surprised that it was = only=20
3.2!<BR>That's the first time I have ever been HAPPY to hear that I had=20 gained<BR>over three
lbs.!! I was just so darn glad it was NOT the 10 I = had=20 been<BR>expecting after eating dozens
of chocolate cookies over the=20 holidays.<BR><BR>I was really out of control.<BR>I was in the
middle a = family=20 crisis, when 10 out-of town relatives<BR>decided to come for an =
extended =20 visit, and the stress was too much.<BR>Despite all my careful planning = to=20
survive....I caved and started a<BR>week-long cookie binge. The last bit = of=20 company left
Saturday, and I<BR>have been on program ever since. = <BR><BR>It=20 being the first of the
year...I, like many others, have = new-found<BR>motivation=20 and am chomping at the bit to join
the next challenge. I<BR>signed up = for the=20 last two and didn't really work at it....so I
am<BR>hoping I'll stick to = it this=20 time. If someone could point me in the<BR>direction of
who is doing the=20 challenge I will appreciate it. <BR><BR>I have simply got to make a =
commitment=20 to read and post on this<BR>newsgroup, because when I do it, I lose, and = when
I=20 don't, I don't! O.K.<BR>here is my promise to check in here everyday. = Done. Now=20 all I
have to do<BR>is sit back and watch those lbs. fall off. = LOL<BR><BR>Thanks=20 to every single
one of you for being here and for all of=20 your<BR>support....<BR>You are great!<BR><BR>Billie
:)<BR>207 / 172.2 / =

141<BR></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01CA_01C3D509.6D037170--

I would be happy with that too, Billie. I gained 5.2 pounds over Christmas... ugh. We'll get it back
off though, no worries! Good luck!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"Billie Severy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:12857-3FFB716D-8@storefull-
3114.bay.webtv.net...
> Happy New Year Everyone,
>
> I crawled back to WW Monday to find out how many pounds Santa had left me...... And was I
> surprised that it was only 3.2! That's the first time I have ever been HAPPY to hear that I had
> gained over three lbs.!! I was just so darn glad it was NOT the 10 I had been expecting after
> eating dozens of chocolate cookies over the holidays.
>
> I was really out of control. I was in the middle a family crisis, when 10 out-of town relatives
> decided to come for an extended visit, and the stress was too much. Despite all my careful
> planning to survive....I caved and started a week-long cookie binge. The last bit of company left
> Saturday, and I have been on program ever since.
>
> It being the first of the year...I, like many others, have new-found motivation and am chomping at
> the bit to join the next challenge. I signed up for the last two and didn't really work at
> it....so I am hoping I'll stick to it this time. If someone could point me in the direction of who
> is doing the challenge I will appreciate it.
>
> I have simply got to make a commitment to read and post on this newsgroup, because when I do it, I
> lose, and when I don't, I don't! O.K. here is my promise to check in here everyday. Done. Now all
> I have to do is sit back and watch those lbs. fall off. LOL
>
> Thanks to every single one of you for being here and for all of your support.... You are great!
>
> Billie :)
> 207 / 172.2 / 141

I totally relate! I was just the same - put on less than I expected, and
didn't mind too much, since at least I knew I'd been bad! :)

welcome back to the New Year, a new start, and a New You :0)

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
making progress.