Happy Holidays Everyone!

NYYTEX22

Dec 18, 2005
Would just like to say Happy Holidays to everyone in the forums! I wish happiness and well being to you all. May your lives in 2006 be filled with prosperity (spiritually and economically):eek::D:):cool:;):p:eek:

I think this year The Grinch stole Christmas. I haven't been in such a lousy mood for ages. :(
I'm included amongst the numbers of unfortunates who have to work through the festivities on the night-shift but now it turns out my family stood me up for Christmas dinner.
I'd have happily gone out on my bike and got some miles in but cancelled training for the day on account of being urged to have Christmas dinner (that never was). Had to cook myself a pizza instead.
It's not like to me to feel p****d off but I guess this has been a day of family arguments, unopened presents and being let down.
I wonder if I'm the only dude having a bad day? :( :mad: :(

Carrera said:
I think this year The Grinch stole Christmas. I haven't been in such a lousy mood for ages. :(
I'm included amongst the numbers of unfortunates who have to work through the festivities on the night-shift but now it turns out my family stood me up for Christmas dinner.
I'd have happily gone out on my bike and got some miles in but cancelled training for the day on account of being urged to have Christmas dinner (that never was). Had to cook myself a pizza instead.
It's not like to me to feel p****d off but I guess this has been a day of family arguments, unopened presents and being let down.
I wonder if I'm the only dude having a bad day? :( :mad: :(
Vodka is your friend.

Happy Xmas, Don, to you and your family.
I do have wine and I guess I'll have another glass before cycling to work. I still feel in a bad mood, though. Seems like my family is getting more selfish these days and people forget I work 12 hours by night and have to sleep by day.
So, they get fed up waiting, go out and leave no message or note to tell me what's going on.
The worst of it is I already said Xmas dinner wouldn't be a good idea due to my shifts over the season. I was urged to turn up and then find nobody there, so have to ride all the way back home. :confused:
Really what I need is a hard ride on the bike that would put me in a better mood and things more into perspective. Probably tomorrow (if it doesn't snow) I'll just get on the bike and give myself a good workout (and leave Christmas aside!)

Don Shipp said:
Vodka is your friend.

Carrera said:
Happy Xmas, Don, to you and your family.
I do have wine and I guess I'll have another glass before cycling to work. I still feel in a bad mood, though. Seems like my family is getting more selfish these days and people forget I work 12 hours by night and have to sleep by day.
So, they get fed up waiting, go out and leave no message or note to tell me what's going on.
The worst of it is I already said Xmas dinner wouldn't be a good idea due to my shifts over the season. I was urged to turn up and then find nobody there, so have to ride all the way back home. :confused:
Really what I need is a hard ride on the bike that would put me in a better mood and things more into perspective. Probably tomorrow (if it doesn't snow) I'll just get on the bike and give myself a good workout (and leave Christmas aside!)
You are kind of out of kilter.
C, are you a teacher? who works nights? On Christmas Day?
If you need a hard ride to put you in a good mood, then you need to stop riding for a bit.
Someone you know has vodka, brandy or whisky. Pay 'em a visit.

Carrera said:

Comiserations, they sound like heartless brutes to me. Get another family.

darkboong said:
I'm chuffed to little mintballs Hehehehe. Who the ****ing hell wants Crappy in their house?
He should have gone Melanie's
Best laugh I've had all year
Happy Christmas DB.

FredC said:
I'm chuffed to little mintballs Hehehehe. Who the ****ing hell wants Crappy in their house?
He should have gone Melanie's
Best laugh I've had all year
Happy Christmas DB.

You are a mean heartless brute too FredC. ;)

Merry Christmas all (incl. Carrera).

darkboong said:
You are a mean heartless brute too Fred
Only in this instance. Hohoohohohohohohohohohohhohhhohhoho.
Some bunch of Christian family he comes from.
As they say in the horsey bookmaking world. Friendless in the market.

I will be having a Merry Christmas & happy new year despite my country's republican Party :( because of the Jack Abrahmoff scandal :eek: some repub's will be going to prison such as Rep. Cunningham & possibly Tom DeLay, not to mention the Preisidents own cabinet members :D

some of the latest on California Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-Wade).
You know all about the home sale that first landed Cunningham in the soup, defense contractor Mitchell Wade’s gift of upwards of a million dollars, and the FBI raids last weekend on the homes of both men, the boat and the headquarters of Wade’s company in Washington.

http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/Comment/JoshMarshall/070605.html

Bush Authorized Domestic Spying
Post-9/11 Order Bypassed Special Court

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/16/AR2005121600021_pf.html

You don't know the half of it. I think I've had a gutfull of family stuff and may be better off devoting more time to cycling. I've found this particular Christmas upsetting all round added to the fact I'm working through the entire season and New Year.
I'm glad it's given Fred a chuckle but I reckon I'll be glad when New Years over.
At least I just got in a good bike ride and had the roads to myself. Now I'm off to work.

darkboong said:

Merry Xmas to you and your family too :)
And Merry Xmas to Lim, Dave Mc, Colorado Rider, Petals (and even Fred ;) )
My advice: Drink plenty of wine this Christmas and don't do as I do - stay off the bike as only nutters like me are out in this weather.
darkboong said:
You are a mean heartless brute too FredC. ;)

Merry Christmas all (incl. Carrera).