Happy Holidays to RBT! - hot new Arkel pics!

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 15:39:33 -0600, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am sure regulars are curious to know...
>
>...I wonder how Jay likes his new Arkel bag?
>
>Here are a couple pics. Please excuse the poor quality of the pics. I am at
>home, and my photo studio is at work.

Still no excuse for not tucking the built in rain fly into its
convenient pocket.

It's aesthetically unpleasant just flopping around like that.

>http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/arkel_rain.jpg
>
>http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/arkel.jpg
>
>Happy Holidays to my Usenet bike friends!

I've touted Arkel far and wide on Usenet and SMS is the only nay
sayer, ever. Arkel probably owes me a commission at this point. Maybe
I can sweet talk my way into their developing some bags for longtails
that I can road test in the rain forest.

Were I in need of extra storage on the joe-bike I'd get a Tail Rider.
It matches my Lady Bug perfectly.
--
zk

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 15:39:33 -0600, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I am sure regulars are curious to know...
>>
>>...I wonder how Jay likes his new Arkel bag?
>>
>>Here are a couple pics. Please excuse the poor quality of the pics. I am
>>at
>>home, and my photo studio is at work.
>>

> Still no excuse for not tucking the built in rain fly into its
> convenient pocket.
>
> It's aesthetically unpleasant just flopping around like that.
>
>>http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/arkel_rain.jpg
>>
>>http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/arkel.jpg
>>
>>Happy Holidays to my Usenet bike friends!
>>

> I've touted Arkel far and wide on Usenet and SMS is the only nay
> sayer, ever. Arkel probably owes me a commission at this point. Maybe
> I can sweet talk my way into their developing some bags for longtails
> that I can road test in the rain forest.
>
> Were I in need of extra storage on the joe-bike I'd get a Tail Rider.
> It matches my Lady Bug perfectly.
> --
> zk

I agree, if I were actually riding somewhere, the rain cover would be tucked
in. I plan to always use the rain cover for winter riding. It keeps the
winter crud off the bag, and the color is highly visible.

I really like the design of the (automatic) expansion bellow.

I did not fuss over these pics, because there is no way to properly light my
garage for photography. I will give it another go when my Deuter Bike Bag
III arrives:

http://www.deuterusa.com/products/productDetail.php?packID=bikeBag3&sub=bike&tert=bike

J.