Happy New Year ,,,,,,,,, question

Thomas Wentworth

Guest
Ok, first .. have a Happy New Year. Safe, healthy, and no flats.

Now,,,,,,,,,,

I have decided to expand my world so to speak. I am going to [ maybe, not
done it yet ] buy a big, old, sailboat.

I want to bring my bicycle on the boat, and use it when not sailing. Anyone
ever married boating and bicycling? How do you keep the bicycle from
getting all rusty? Where on a sailboat would you keep the bicycle? I'm
thinking the berth aft by the side of the engine. Probably will need some
type of cover though.

Anyway, not a done deal yet. But, you never know!

So,,, what do you think?

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> Ok, first .. have a Happy New Year. Safe, healthy, and no flats.
>
> Now,,,,,,,,,,
>
> I have decided to expand my world so to speak. I am going to [ maybe, not
> done it yet ] buy a big, old, sailboat.
>
> I want to bring my bicycle on the boat, and use it when not sailing. Anyone
> ever married boating and bicycling? How do you keep the bicycle from
> getting all rusty? Where on a sailboat would you keep the bicycle? I'm
> thinking the berth aft by the side of the engine. Probably will need some
> type of cover though.
>
> Anyway, not a done deal yet. But, you never know!
>
> So,,, what do you think?

Sounds like a good idea, when you boat into a new port / harbor you'll
have transport. And being that most bikes today are AL I wouldn't worry
to much about rust. Just get a good cover to keep the sea spray off of it.

Ken
--
[T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

salt can do some gnarly things to raw aluminum. Might be in your
interest to look for anodized rims & powdercoated components.

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> Ok, first .. have a Happy New Year. Safe, healthy, and no flats.
>
> Now,,,,,,,,,,
>
> I have decided to expand my world so to speak. I am going to [ maybe, not
> done it yet ] buy a big, old, sailboat.
>
> I want to bring my bicycle on the boat, and use it when not sailing. Anyone
> ever married boating and bicycling? How do you keep the bicycle from
> getting all rusty? Where on a sailboat would you keep the bicycle? I'm
> thinking the berth aft by the side of the engine. Probably will need some
> type of cover though.
>
> Anyway, not a done deal yet. But, you never know!
>
> So,,, what do you think?

Folding bikes are very popular with sailors and pilots.

"Peter Cole" wrote: Folding bikes are very popular with sailors and
pilots.
I went on a boat ride/island picnic as a guest, and I took my Dahon folder
along. The boat owner bought it from me before the day was over.