Happy New Year to everyone

Nancy Young

Guest
and good riddance to 2004.

Have a great night, everyone.

nancy

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:38:52 -0500, "Nancy Young" <[email protected]>
wrote:

Happy New Year to you, too!

>and good riddance to 2004.

No kidding!

>Have a great night, everyone.

You betcha! ;)

Carol, raising a gin and sour to Nancy

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:38:52 -0500, "Nancy Young" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> Happy New Year to you, too!
>

>>and good riddance to 2004.

> No kidding!
>

>>Have a great night, everyone.

> You betcha! ;)
>
> Carol, raising a gin and sour to Nancy

Thanks and the same to you guys and all else!

Also raising a glass to all of RFC and wishing a better year to come for
all. (My glass has Chevis in it though, hope that's ok. :-D )

--
Steve,

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> and good riddance to 2004.

Hear Hear!

> Have a great night, everyone.
>
> nancy

You too Nancy...and everyone here. May the worst day of 2005 be better than
the best of 2004.

kimberly

Nancy Young wrote:
> and good riddance to 2004.
>
> Have a great night, everyone.
>
> nancy

Happy New Year to you, too! And to all of rfc.

Jill

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:38:32 -0600, "jmcquown"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>> and good riddance to 2004.
>>
>> Have a great night, everyone.
>>
>> nancy

>Happy New Year to you, too! And to all of rfc.
>
>Jill

And we in Hawaii may be the last revelers, but Hauoli Makahiki Hou to
all in rcf!
with aloha,
Cea
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> and good riddance to 2004.
>
> Have a great night, everyone.
>
> nancy

And a very best 2005 wished to you and all of RFC.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl

A HAPPY & A HEALTHY TO All!

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Nancy Young wrote:
> and good riddance to 2004.
>
> Have a great night, everyone.
>
> nancy

Had tamales with my riding partner and his family. Four kinds - chicken,
pork, cheese and sweet (with cranberries), now off to the movies!
Tomorrow is my second annual New Year's Mexican chow down with about 30
other people.

Football?

You gotta be kidding - although our traditional mountain bike ride has
been called because of rain (mud).

jim

In article <[email protected]>,
"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:

> and good riddance to 2004.

Amen to that!

> Have a great night, everyone.

We'll do what we can. It's two hours to midnight here in Seattle, and
my inner clock isn't sure which coast I'm on. SO's got his good luck
herring in the fridge. I may top my pumpernickel with cheese instead.

Happy 2005 to all!

Cindy and Julian (aka the SO)

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> and good riddance to 2004.
>
> Have a great night, everyone.
>
> nancy

Thanks, Nancy - and a Happy New Year to you and all the RFCers. Geez, I'm
sober and don't even have a headache!

Dora

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> said:

> and good riddance to 2004.
>
> Have a great night, everyone.

We had a great night, lots of food (another deep fried turkey
success) and friends and cards and fireworks. Hope everyone had
a good, safe night and that 2005 treats you all well... :)

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> and good riddance to 2004.

> Amen to that!

Indeed!

>> Have a great night, everyone.

> We'll do what we can. It's two hours to midnight here in Seattle, and
> my inner clock isn't sure which coast I'm on.

Tell me about it. I was in Ohio for Christmas (great kielbasa at my aunt's
house!), and back in Seattle by New Years Eve. So tired that I was in bed
asleep by 9:30!

> SO's got his good luck herring in the fridge. I may top my pumpernickel
> with cheese instead.

I did snack on some herring --- on Trisquits (sp?) before bed. Mmm, mmm,
good :)

> Happy 2005 to all!

Right back atcha! And to all at RFC, from me.

---jkb

--
The best drink in existence is the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster,
the effect of which is like having your brain smashed out with a

In article <[email protected]>,
Jeff Bienstadt <[email protected]> wrote:

> Cindy Fuller wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> and good riddance to 2004.

> > Amen to that!

> Indeed!
>

> >> Have a great night, everyone.

> > We'll do what we can. It's two hours to midnight here in Seattle, and
> > my inner clock isn't sure which coast I'm on.

> Tell me about it. I was in Ohio for Christmas (great kielbasa at my aunt's
> house!), and back in Seattle by New Years Eve. So tired that I was in bed
> asleep by 9:30!
>
> > SO's got his good luck herring in the fridge. I may top my pumpernickel
> > with cheese instead.

> I did snack on some herring --- on Trisquits (sp?) before bed. Mmm, mmm,
> good :)

Does this mean that consumption of herring on New Year's Eve for good
luck isn't a cockamamie scheme the SO cooked up with a friend of his to
consume mass quantities of it to gross me out???

Cindy

--

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> > > SO's got his good luck herring in the fridge. I may top my pumpernickel
> > > with cheese instead.

> > I did snack on some herring --- on Trisquits (sp?) before bed. Mmm, mmm,
> > good :)
> >

> Does this mean that consumption of herring on New Year's Eve for good
> luck isn't a cockamamie scheme the SO cooked up with a friend of his to
> consume mass quantities of it to gross me out???

LOL. There was a time when I was a much pickier eater than I am now, but my wife
introduced me to a number of things, usually ordered in a restaurant and offered
as a taste. Pickled herring was one of those. I tried it and found it
interesting. It was one of those things that just got better and better every
time I tired it. One of my favorite taste combinations now is pickled herring in
sour cream and onion, washed down with a beer. One of the best (or worst?) things
about it is that you can taste it for three days after you eat it.

While vacationing in Denmark a few years ago we went to a buffet dinner where
there were about a half dozen different herring dishes. Every one of them was
delicious.

In article <[email protected]>,
Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> Cindy Fuller wrote:
>
> > Does this mean that consumption of herring on New Year's Eve for
> > good luck isn't a cockamamie scheme the SO cooked up with a friend
> > of his to consume mass quantities of it to gross me out???

> LOL. There was a time when I was a much pickier eater than I am now,
> but my wife introduced me to a number of things, usually ordered in a
> restaurant and offered as a taste. Pickled herring was one of those.
> I tried it and found it interesting. It was one of those things that
> just got better and better every time I tired it. One of my favorite
> taste combinations now is pickled herring in sour cream and onion,
> washed down with a beer. One of the best (or worst?) things about it
> is that you can taste it for three days after you eat it.
>
> While vacationing in Denmark a few years ago we went to a buffet
> dinner where there were about a half dozen different herring dishes.
> Every one of them was delicious.

[The SO responds]

I've liked pickled herring since I was a child (with or without the
cream sauce), so it did not take much to convince me to adopt it as a
New Year's Eve tradition. One of my friends claims that it is a
Scandinavian superstition. If you have a piece of herring in your mouth
at the stroke of midnight, you will have good luck for the coming year.

Unfortunately, the herring we get in the US is usually not very good.
Soggy and mealy stuff. When I visit my relatives in the Netherlands, I
get as much as I can of the wonderful herring that they are famous for.

--
Julian Vrieslander

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

> I've liked pickled herring since I was a child (with or without the
> cream sauce), so it did not take much to convince me to adopt it as a
> New Year's Eve tradition. One of my friends claims that it is a
> Scandinavian superstition. If you have a piece of herring in your mouth
> at the stroke of midnight, you will have good luck for the coming year.
>
> Unfortunately, the herring we get in the US is usually not very good.
> Soggy and mealy stuff. When I visit my relatives in the Netherlands, I
> get as much as I can of the wonderful herring that they are famous for.

I can appreciate that. I also became a big fan of smoked eel after being
introduced to it in Denmark. The smoked eel I can buy here in Canada is
pretty good, but it is pathetic compared to the smoked eel I had over there.

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Jeff Bienstadt <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Cindy Fuller wrote:

>> > Amen to that!

>> Indeed!

>> > We'll do what we can. It's two hours to midnight here in Seattle, and
>> > my inner clock isn't sure which coast I'm on.

>> Tell me about it. I was in Ohio for Christmas (great kielbasa at my
>> aunt's
>> house!), and back in Seattle by New Years Eve. So tired that I was in
>> bed asleep by 9:30!
>>
>> > SO's got his good luck herring in the fridge. I may top my
>> > pumpernickel with cheese instead.

>> I did snack on some herring --- on Trisquits (sp?) before bed. Mmm, mmm,
>> good :)
>>

> Does this mean that consumption of herring on New Year's Eve for good
> luck isn't a cockamamie scheme the SO cooked up with a friend of his to
> consume mass quantities of it to gross me out???
>
> Cindy

Of course it's not. That's just an amusing side-effect.

---jkb

--
"Grandma taught me never to judge a species by their eating habits."
-- Commander Tucker