Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jim, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Best wishes and good health to you all, albeit that my only be 5 or 6 people
    now. Not including the crossposters of course.

    I for one hope that the group doesn't completely die off although I am
    afraid Ed may be correct. Both Ed and Tom's posts are frequently educational
    and entertaining and are the only reason I check in here anymore.

    Jim C

    Tags:

  2. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Best wishes and good health to you all, albeit that my only be 5 or 6
    > people now. Not including the crossposters of course.
    >
    > I for one hope that the group doesn't completely die off although I am
    > afraid Ed may be correct. Both Ed and Tom's posts are frequently
    > educational and entertaining and are the only reason I check in here
    > anymore.
    >
    > Jim C

    Jim, I think the group has now been reduced to about less than 10 of us. I
    do not count the Chicagoland shitheads or these confounded cross-posters. It
    is too bad what has happened to this group. It all began with Ed Gin last
    winter. He is a criminal vandal troll and he murdered this group. Only Mr.
    McNamara, myself and a few others protested. Mr. Sherman said nothing. His
    silence was deafening!

    The topic these days is all about housekeeping and nothing but. No group can
    long survive when that is what it has been reduced to. Newbies are the
    lifeblood of any newsgroup as they energize the rest of us. No newbies will
    come here as long as the Chicagoland shitheads are posting their spamming
    crap.

    By the way, Mr. Sherman is excellent with newbies and I do commend him for
    that. I do not bother much with newbies. I am a side dish here, a sort of
    clown and jester. I mean to keep the group lively and that is about it for
    me. Mr. Sherman is a responder like I am, but he is on topic whereas I tend
    not to be. But even Mr. Sherman cannot keep this group alive all by himself.
    We need to have newbies coming here or else we are dead.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  3. Jim & Ed,

    You both know very well why people vacated ARBR. Perhaps those that
    did exercised some good old fashion common sense when they finally had
    enough. ARBR is not the world. No one on their death be will ever
    utter these words ... Gee I wish I spent more time at ARBR. ARBR is
    not the newsgroup it once was and may never recover from the Johnny
    NoCom and HRS blog refuse. Unfortunately. Usenet is an unmoderated
    arena where a few can ruin thingy for the many and those few are
    cross-posting their HRS SPAM to many a website unrelated to cycling and
    their spamming is not even confined to the borders of the country in
    which they live. It would be nice if the mothers of the impudent
    toddlers, would suspend their computer privileges. Where's a
    net-nanny when you need one?

    JimmyMac

  4. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]
    Where's a
    > net-nanny when you need one?

    Jon Meinecke got disgusted with the lot of us and left I can only assume for
    greener pastures elsewhere. He was not bad in this regard, although he was
    too greatly in favor of the kill file as a solution to what ails us. The
    kill file is for ostriches, a very mysterious bird indeed. Most of us will
    want to know what is being said either to us or about us.

    Mr. Sherman to his credit has never been much of a net-nanny. I am more of a
    one than he is, but I am not like Jon Meinecke. He tried to be constructive
    whereas I lose all patience and am probably more destructive than is good
    for the group when it comes to dealing with scofflaws.

    But a net-nanny will only work against those who have some good will. It
    will not work against those who are malicious and who mean to take down a
    newsgroup. Much sterner measures are called for when dealing with such
    criminals.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  5. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Mr. Sherman to his credit has never been much of a net-nanny. I am more of

    > one than he is, but I am not like Jon Meinecke. He tried to be

    constructive
    > whereas I lose all patience and am probably more destructive than is good
    > for the group when it comes to dealing with scofflaws.

    You are in serious denial

  6. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Mr. Sherman to his credit has never been much of a net-nanny. I am more
    >> of

    >> one than he is, but I am not like Jon Meinecke. He tried to be

    > constructive
    >> whereas I lose all patience and am probably more destructive than is good
    >> for the group when it comes to dealing with scofflaws.

    > You are in serious denial

    Here is how Mr. Leuck should have written his one liner:

    You are in serious denial.

    Note the period at the end of the sentence.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota