Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Petal, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Petal

    Petal Guest

    Hello!

    For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    meet you. ;)

    What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.),
    I walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did a half marathon for breast cancer
    research), and we got a dog (a lovely black Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a
    few pounds. *cough*

    Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to the points counting, back to
    the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to give a good home to all
    the Christmas chocolate I got.

    Cheers, Petal

    --
    http://petalww.tripod.com

    UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

    Tags:

  2. Welcome back and nice to meet you.
    --
    WatchingWorks
    190/167/130 Drop some weight to reply "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  3. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Welcome back and have a wonderful New Year!

    "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Welcome back and Happy New Year.

    "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  5. welcome back, Petal. My trash can LOVES chocolate, so I don't hesitate to share with it any goodies
    I can't keep for myself. ;)

    Prairie Roots

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:18:54 -0000, "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    >meet you. ;)
    >
    >What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.),
    >I walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did a half marathon for breast cancer
    >research), and we got a dog (a lovely black Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a
    >few pounds. *cough*
    >
    >Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to the points counting, back
    >to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to give a good home to
    >all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    >Cheers, Petal

  6. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Hey good to see you again. :).

    "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  7. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)

    I was doing some Googling yesterday and your name was in one of the threads. There I was thinking
    "gee, wonder how Petal's doing these days". Good to see you back.

    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*

    I am very jealous of the dog. Pics? I'm a sucker for Labs :)

    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.

    I find the bin a good home for Christmas chocolates.... No-one will know, we won't tell - promise.
    Good luck getting back OP. you know the drill, it's just finding that motivation.

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

  8. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome back Petal, it 's always great to see you! Good luck to you in the new year, I 'm sure you
    will succeed!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

    "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  9. Welcome back Petal.
    --
    Brenda
    209/176/150 NYNY goal 160

    "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  10. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Petal!!!! Hi sweetie, so nice to see you again! Tell me about moving... ugh... we bought our first
    house on 11/26 and moved over the Thanksgiving weekend... ugh... not fun! But we won't ever do that
    again... well, at least for 10yrs (we have to live here and pay ON TIME for 10yrs in order for us to
    not have to repay our downpayment or whatever. It's a loan thing... lol)

    And I'm jealous, I SO want a dog! Congrats on your new family member!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.6/172

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  11. find a nursing home or center for the disabled and leave it off there, Lee
    who is doing the same or screwing up her courage to trash it...
    Petal <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.), I
    > walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did
    > half marathon for breast cancer research), and we got a dog (a lovely
    black
    > Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to
    the
    > points counting, back to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to
    > give a good home to all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > --
    > http://petalww.tripod.com
    >
    > UK (WW At Home) 187 - January/99 168 - this week 140ish - goal

  12. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    >meet you. ;)

    Hi Petal, I don't know if we've "met" but I've certainly heard a lot about you. Welcome back :)

    >What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.),
    >I walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did a half marathon for breast cancer
    >research), and we got a dog (a lovely black Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a
    >few pounds. *cough*

    LOL. Congrats on the first 3 things, and good luck taking care of the 4th. I look forward to hearing
    about your progress :)

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  13. Connie Walsh

    Connie Walsh Guest

    Welcome back, Petal!! It's nice to meetcha!!! Hope to see you lots in the new year!!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/210.5/155 RAFL 218/210.5/198.5

    Petal wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    > meet you. ;)
    >
    > What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.),
    > I walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did a half marathon for breast cancer
    > research), and we got a dog (a lovely black Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a
    > few pounds. *cough*
    >
    > Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to the points counting, back
    > to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to give a good home to
    > all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal

  14. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Hey Petal, welcome back!!! I have been wondering about you, wondering where the heck you disappeared
    to. <g> Sorry to hear you've put a few pesky pounds back on
    - but you know how to tackle the problem and I'm sure they will drop right back off again. I'm also
    fighting the holiday chocolate blues, but only have myself to blame. I finally have given myself
    permission to just toss the rest out. Everyone else seems to have had their fill, so unless it
    disappears from view I'm gonna be the one eating it. <G>

    Joyce

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:18:54 -0000, "Petal" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >For those of you who remember me, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, nice to
    >meet you. ;)
    >
    >What a busy, busy year it's been! We moved house (which I have vowed never to do again. Ever.),
    >I walked through London in my bra at midnight (I did a half marathon for breast cancer
    >research), and we got a dog (a lovely black Labrador Retriever). Oh yeah, and I've gained back a
    >few pounds. *cough*
    >
    >Here's to a new year and I hope everyone had a fab holiday! Now back to the points counting, back
    >to the gym and keeping up with this newsgroup, and I need to find someone to give a good home to
    >all the Christmas chocolate I got.
    >
    >Cheers, Petal

  15. Petal

    Petal Guest

  16. What a cutie!

    "Petal" <[email protected]#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    >
    > > I am very jealous of the dog. Pics? I'm a sucker for Labs :)
    >
    > LOL yes, they are so irresistible. It's those sad puppy eyes and floppy ears, I think. Here's a
    > pic of Jasper with his Christmas stocking: http://petalww.tripod.com/JasperXmas.jpg
    >
    > What a spoiled little pup he is!
    >
    > Cheers, Petal

  17. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    "Petal" <[email protected]#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    >
    > > I am very jealous of the dog. Pics? I'm a sucker for Labs :)
    >
    > LOL yes, they are so irresistible. It's those sad puppy eyes and floppy ears, I think. Here's a
    > pic of Jasper with his Christmas stocking: http://petalww.tripod.com/JasperXmas.jpg

    He's gorgeous :) We have a Labrador Puppy calenday in lieu of a real dog, and he rivals any of the
    calendar pups!

    > What a spoiled little pup he is!

    And that's just the way it's meant to be isn't it?

    Julie.

  18. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 14:05:50 -0000, "Petal"
    <[email protected]#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >"JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >berlin.de...
    >
    >> I am very jealous of the dog. Pics? I'm a sucker for Labs :)
    >
    >LOL yes, they are so irresistible. It's those sad puppy eyes and floppy ears, I think. Here's a pic
    >of Jasper with his Christmas stocking: http://petalww.tripod.com/JasperXmas.jpg

    Oh, so cute.