Happy overall

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Krys, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Krys

    Krys Guest

    hi folks,

    well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took lots of APs with me, did an
    awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned I kept it just about
    within points - closer to the wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out
    is hard - and those beers, well.......

    I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day -
    sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably changed
    this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.

    And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    Tags:

  2. excellent, and if you are feeling bonier you will surely lose this next WI,
    Lee
    krys <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took lots of APs with me, did an
    > awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned I kept it just about
    > within points - closer to
    the
    > wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out is hard - and those beers,
    > well.......
    >
    > I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day -
    > sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably changed
    > this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    >
    > And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  3. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I think maintaining while away from home is fantastic Krys, congrats on a job well done! And if your
    body has once again noticeably changed .... well, ya know you are doing something right! Numbers
    don't always tell the whole story. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time, you definitely needed
    the break from the stresses life has thrown your way. But, it's also nice to have ya back among us
    again. <G>

    Joyce

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:28:42 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi folks,
    >
    >well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took lots of APs with me, did an
    >awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned I kept it just about
    >within points - closer to the wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out
    >is hard - and those beers, well.......
    >
    >I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day -
    >sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably changed
    >this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    >
    >And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    >week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)

  4. Congratulations, Krys. To maintain while away is very very good! Elaine K

    krys wrote:

    >hi folks,
    >
    >well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took lots of APs with me, did an
    >awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned I kept it just about
    >within points - closer to the wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out
    >is hard - and those beers, well.......
    >
    >I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day -
    >sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably changed
    >this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    >
    >And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    >week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)

  5. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    krys wrote:

    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took lots of APs with me, did an
    > awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned I kept it just about
    > within points - closer to the wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating
    > out is hard - and those beers, well.......
    >
    > I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day -
    > sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably changed
    > this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    >
    > And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    That's good! You knew it would be hard, and you did no damage, so that really is good! Well done!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Wow, it 's certainly nice to maintain after a weekend in Amsterdam! Way to go, Krys!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took lots of APs with me, did an
    > awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned I kept it just about
    > within points - closer to
    the
    > wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out is hard - and those beers,
    > well.......
    >
    > I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day -
    > sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably changed
    > this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    >
    > And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  7. Bird

    Bird Guest

    Hang in there because next week you may see the results from all the
    walking. Stay OP!
    Bird
    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took lots of APs with me, did an
    > awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned I kept it just about
    > within points - closer to
    the
    > wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out is hard - and those beers,
    > well.......
    >
    > I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day -
    > sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably changed
    > this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    >
    > And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  8. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Lee - I sure hope so :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > excellent, and if you are feeling bonier you will surely lose this next
    WI,
    > Lee krys <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > hi folks,
    > >
    > > well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took
    lots
    > > of APs with me, did an awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I
    > > reckoned I kept it just about within points - closer to
    > the
    > > wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out
    is
    > > hard - and those beers, well.......
    > >
    > > I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day
    > > - sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably
    > > changed this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    > >
    > > And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > > week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > krys
    > >
    > > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  9. Krys

    Krys Guest

    thanks Joyce. I know numbers aren't everything, but it's hard to get away from them sometimes isn't
    it? :) I did enjoy the break........I'm already trying to figure out how to have another one!

    --

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I think maintaining while away from home is fantastic Krys, congrats on a
    job well
    > done! And if your body has once again noticeably changed .... well, ya
    know you
    > are doing something right! Numbers don't always tell the whole story.
    Glad to
    > hear you had such a wonderful time, you definitely needed the break from
    the
    > stresses life has thrown your way. But, it's also nice to have ya back
    among us
    > again. <G>
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:28:42 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >hi folks,
    > >
    > >well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took
    lots
    > >of APs with me, did an awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned
    > >I kept it just about within points - closer to
    the
    > >wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out is hard - and those beers,
    > >well.......
    > >
    > >I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day
    > >- sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably
    > >changed this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    > >
    > >And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > >week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)

  10. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Elaine - I must say I was kind of relieved really :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Congratulations, Krys. To maintain while away is very very good! Elaine K
    >
    > krys wrote:
    >
    > >hi folks,
    > >
    > >well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took
    lots
    > >of APs with me, did an awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I reckoned
    > >I kept it just about within points - closer to
    the
    > >wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out is hard - and those beers,
    > >well.......
    > >
    > >I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day
    > >- sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably
    > >changed this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    > >
    > >And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > >week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)

  11. Krys

    Krys Guest

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > krys wrote:
    > >
    > > hi folks,
    > >
    > > And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > > week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > krys
    > >
    > > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...
    >

    > That's good! You knew it would be hard, and you did no damage, so that really is good! Well done!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons

    Thanks Kate :) I hope it isn't just waiting to sneak up on me next WI instead! *grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  12. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Natalie! Though I'm not going to ask you about the points for Belgian Beers again.....I think
    I'm better off not knowing! *grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Wow, it 's certainly nice to maintain after a weekend in Amsterdam! Way to go, Krys!
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/223.5/212 lbs "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > hi folks,
    > >
    > > well, last weekend, as you know, was Amsterdam. I did my best. Took
    lots
    > > of APs with me, did an awful lot of walking, and made the best choices I could. Still, I
    > > reckoned I kept it just about within points - closer to
    > the
    > > wind than usual, but not too OTT. However, estimating when eating out
    is
    > > hard - and those beers, well.......
    > >
    > > I'm not sure what I was expecting from the scales this week. I've been standing on 'em every day
    > > - sorry, can't help it - and I knew the damage wasn't too bad. My body has also noticeably
    > > changed this week, so I am feeling actively skinnier....well, bonier anyway.
    > >
    > > And the result? I maintained. On balance, I'm pretty happy with that. This week is a new
    > > week.......and I'm looking forward to it :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > krys
    > >
    > > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  13. Krys

    Krys Guest

    That's me - OP! I'm always hanging in there :)