Harald The Computer Guy

Cipher

Sep 7, 2002
I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold the computer guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

He gave me a bill for a minimum service call. As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, ID ten T error? What's that .. in case I need to fix it again?"

Harold grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"

"No," I replied.

"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."

So I wrote down ...... I D 1 0 T

I used to like Harold....

Cipher said:
I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold the computer guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

He gave me a bill for a minimum service call. As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, ID ten T error? What's that .. in case I need to fix it again?"

Harold grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"

"No," I replied.

"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."

So I wrote down ...... I D 1 0 T

I used to like Harold....
Much like a PEBKAC error.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

this reminds me of a supposedly true story told by a riding bud about a friend of his that did tech support over the phone for a computer firm.

a customer called up, saying he couldn't get the computer to boot up; tech support ran through the list of keyboard fixes, all to no avail. finally, tech support suggested he turn his desklamp to the back of the tower to check his cables.

"i can't do that," the customer said; "my lamp doesn't work, 'cause my power's out." (that's not even the punchline!)

tech support then advised him to pack up his whole rig and return it to the store. when asked why, tech support said, "because you're too f###ing stupid to own a computer."

i want this guy working for me....