Harassment from Screen Name "100miles"!

carbonguru

Sep 14, 2006
I found a link to this forum about a month ago when I was on another cycling website. This person with the Screen Name "100miles" has been following a thread I started about a new frame I just purchased. Because I wrote a review of this frame he started accusing me of being some person named George he either knows or met on this forum earlier; a person named George that I met personally in Germany at Eurobike. Obviously this is someone he does not like. Is this a normal occurence in this forum? Or am I replying to a raving lunatic who is obsessed with a guy named George who works for the company I got my new frame from? I thought I would ask. Read his posts. Each one has become more rude and delusional, almost obsessive; even repetitive. What gives? Is this type of thing normal? Is there a "Forum Monitor" that checks into this type of unprovoked harrassment? Is "100miles" representative of us professionals in this forum who have come here to learn more about the sport we love? I know he is new here too. I am just trying to figure out the forum's etiquette as you all see it. A common ground; if you will. Thanks for hearing me out. :rolleyes:

No this is not common in this forum. The reason is simply you gave us a story which has not been confirmed, or you have not made an effort to confirm it. 100miles simply is preying on your marketing style of writing (something to do with you being an attourney?) and your somewhat implausible stories. Science is Cool also posted another post which will fire up 100miles more, and it is very interesting. Once you give concrete evidence (god know how) I think he will shut up, but still hold a grudge.

As i said in the other post, this is forum not the play ground. Best thing to do with these situations is just walk away. Continuing pointless arguements helps nobody and does nothing for the image of those involved.

I too have wondered about the moderation of this forum. The adverts for phones and shoes should be deleted ASAP, maybe even the IP addresses blocked.

I find the people in this forum are mostly pretty mature and tollerate difference of opinion well. I've seen many cat fights on other sports related forums.

If you doubt the post is relative or suitable to the intent of this forum you should be able to appeal to the moderators to investigate and act. Mud slinging matches shouldn't be required.

I believe honesty is key in everything. If you treat people well you build good will, you treat them poorly, it will come back to bite you.

Phill I agree 110%. Well said. :rolleyes:

Phill P said:
As i said in the other post, this is forum not the play ground. Best thing to do with these situations is just walk away. Continuing pointless arguements helps nobody and does nothing for the image of those involved.

I too have wondered about the moderation of this forum. The adverts for phones and shoes should be deleted ASAP, maybe even the IP addresses blocked.

I find the people in this forum are mostly pretty mature and tollerate difference of opinion well. I've seen many cat fights on other sports related forums.

If you doubt the post is relative or suitable to the intent of this forum you should be able to appeal to the moderators to investigate and act. Mud slinging matches shouldn't be required.

I believe honesty is key in everything. If you treat people well you build good will, you treat them poorly, it will come back to bite you.

Bobby what is there to confirm? I have the bike sitting right here in front of me on my rack? I like the way my new frame rides. People asked me to write a review of the frame once I got it built up and had a chance to pound on it for a while. All of which I did at their request.

This isn't Judge Judy or a court of law. It's a forum. A virtual space where people of similiar interests convene to discuss and express opinions on multiple topics. I really like this forum. But what I don't like is someone going on and on about something that I have ZERO control over that is totally off topic. I just like to ride bikes. I like to buy and ride different bikes every quarter thru out the course of a year. I like to talk about the bikes and share my opinion of them with other cyclists. It's really that simple. Nothing more and nothing less. That is what I personally want to enjoy on/in this forum. It's a great opportunity to rub shoulder [sort of speak] with the like-minded. This should be our common ground. :rolleyes:

bobbyOCR said:
No this is not common in this forum. The reason is simply you gave us a story which has not been confirmed, or you have not made an effort to confirm it. 100miles simply is preying on your marketing style of writing (something to do with you being an attourney?) and your somewhat implausible stories. Science is Cool also posted another post which will fire up 100miles more, and it is very interesting. Once you give concrete evidence (god know how) I think he will shut up, but still hold a grudge.

carbonguru said:
Bobby what is there to confirm? I have the bike sitting right here in front of me on my rack? I like the way my new frame rides. People asked me to write a review of the frame once I got it built up and had a chance to pound on it for a while. All of which I did at their request.

This isn't Judge Judy or a court of law. It's a forum. A virtual space where people of similiar interests convene to discuss and express opinions on multiple topics. I really like this forum. But what I don't like is someone going on and on about something that I have ZERO control over that is totally off topic. I just like to ride bikes. I like to buy and ride different bikes every quarter thru out the course of a year. I like to talk about the bikes and share my opinion of them with other cyclists. It's really that simple. Nothing more and nothing less. That is what I personally want to enjoy on/in this forum. It's a great opportunity to rub shoulder [sort of speak] with the like-minded. This should be our common ground. :rolleyes:
Fair enough. I can't edit the previous post, but I believe you now. I like to stick witha bike for as long as I can (money issues as well) and I am glad you enjoy riding. But please, the :rolleyes: is a little irritating, and you do tend to write with a marketers tone of voice.

Magnesium was an interesting choice BTW

bobbyOCR said:
Fair enough. I can't edit the previous post, but I believe you now. I like to stick witha bike for as long as I can (money issues as well) and I am glad you enjoy riding. But please, the :rolleyes: is a little irritating, and you do tend to write with a marketers tone of voice.

BobbyOCR - As one who doesn't care in the slightest about whether CG is a genuine un-biased customer, or not (I have no intention of purchazsing any CF frame in the remainder of my lifetime - ROI or otherwise), I do notice some reticence in answering some of the questions that have been proffered to him / her.
This, in my simple, streetsmart view of the World, suggests that I take anything he / she offers with a grain or two of salt. Suggestions of palmeres that don't come backed up with evidence, tend to suggest that any implied expertise of the proffered opinion may not be worth the e-paper that it's written on.
The end result is a bit of a moot point, as I have no intention of increasing the stable with a CF (or any other) frame.

Bobby I'm a Lawyer. I write a certain way because that is how I am trained to write. Sorry if it comes off like a Marketer [not my intention], but I get excited when I find something that really works.

I'll take your advise and kill the :rolleyes: . :)

bobbyOCR said:

carbonguru said:
Bobby I'm a Lawyer. I write a certain way because that is how I am trained to write. Sorry if it comes off like a Marketer [not my intention], but I get excited when I find something that really works.

I'll take your advise and kill the :rolleyes: . :)
Aren't you the one selling plastic bike frames for Trek?? Keep it up 100miles.