Hard evidence of U.S. torturing prisoners to death ignored by corporate media

wolfix said:
There are alternative crops. I live in a major agricultural region. There are companies biting at the bit to produce alternative crops in that area. America money sent in the form of aid to Bolivia for eradication of the cocoa plant amounts to 10% of the Bolivia GNP.

The cocaine crop was stymied and decreased substantially. {} But, watch and see the pressure that Morales is under to grant favorable status to the drug cartel...I doubt he lasts 6 months in office. His own party gave him only 30 days after he takes office to make drastic changes.

I lived among the Cubans in America for a few years. I have not been to Cuba , even though I have been off its coast. My father was there for around 9 years pre-Castrol.

If it so great a country, why do the Cubans not have permission to leave their country? Why do mothers of Cuban children risk the childrens lives by putting them in small boats across shark infested waters???
I need to know why Cuba is a great country...

I meant to imply that when I suggested corporate investments. I meant other then the US's too.
Such as dubya and cheney's great cronies,bechtel corporation,which managed to get bolivia's water supply privatised and then had it made illegal to catch rainwater.

wolfix said:
There are alternative crops. I live in a major agricultural region. There are companies biting at the bit to produce alternative crops in that area. America money sent in the form of aid to Bolivia for eradication of the cocoa plant amounts to 10% of the Bolivia GNP.

The cocaine crop was stymied and decreased substantially. {} But, watch and see the pressure that Morales is under to grant favorable status to the drug cartel...I doubt he lasts 6 months in office. His own party gave him only 30 days after he takes office to make drastic changes.

I lived among the Cubans in America for a few years. I have not been to Cuba , even though I have been off its coast. My father was there for around 9 years pre-Castrol.

If it so great a country, why do the Cubans not have permission to leave their country? Why do mothers of Cuban children risk the childrens lives by putting them in small boats across shark infested waters???

I meant to imply that when I suggested corporate investments. I meant other then the US's too.
Are us citizens permitted to travel direct to cuba,or do they still have to travel via mexico?

stevebaby said:
Are us citizens permitted to travel direct to cuba,or they still have to travel via mexico?
What does that have to do with anything? US citizens are allowed to leave the country without the governments permission. . Cubans are not allowed to go anywhere except with permission.

wolfix said:
What does that have to do with anything? US citizens are allowed to leave the country without the governments permission. . Cubans are not allowed to go anywhere except with permission.
I was just curious.

stevebaby said:
Are us citizens permitted to travel direct to cuba,or do they still have to travel via mexico?
Youcan either get a special passport from the government, or you can go to Cuba thru any other country other than the US. This method requires 2 passports though. Returning to the US with a passport with a Cuban stamp will result in an arrest.

wolfix said:

I visited Cuba in 1992 : I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to that country.
I had free access to any location and I found the Cuban people to be very warm and very friendly people.

I also learned quite a bit about Cuba and it's society while I was there.
I learnt that they have one of the best medical training schools in the world (Cuba produced the highest number of medical doctors for any country in the world for it's size).
The numeracy and literacy rates for it's citizens is the highest anywhere in the world also.

I am aware that there is a restriction on Cubans travelling to your country.
But that only applies to your country.
Cubans are free to travel to other countries.

In this country we have a very strong affinity to the Cuban people : as a nation we support their revolution when they removed the Battista dictatorship.