Hard (rear) Panier bags???

Tom_D

Mar 2, 2007
Does anyone know where I can get a set of hard bags (kinda like the ones on harley cruizers) that won't require it's own rack?

My wife and I recently purchased a pair of 07 Specialized Hardrocks. We live in a rural area in Michigan. A lot of dirt roads wich means a lot of mud. I want somthing I can unclip from the bike at the end of a ride and hit with the hose. Also I don't want to have to wory about whatever is in the bags getting soaked by road mud.

I asked a couple LBS's but all they have is "water resistant" fabric bags. They said most people wory about weight when looking to make a purchase like this.

A little help????????:confused:

Anybody??????????

Both of our bikes have the same rack already on the bikes, so that the child seat can atach to either bike should one of us want to go out for a ride with our child. So I don't want a bag that requires its own special rack.

Thanks for the link.:) I'll check it out.

You could get yerself some oysterbuckets: www.cobbworks.com :D

On the forum where I saw these first mentioned, a lot of people did get them for exactly the reasons you describe: for water/mud resistance that they could not get with regular bags.
--------
I know of no place else offering a similar product.
~

Wow, functionaly those are perfect. But they look sooooooooo.... ghetto. The wife shot those down almost instantly. (I'm still thinking about them though):)