Hard tail vs. soft tail?

OLDschoolSworks

Aug 27, 2004
Im am going to make the second addition to my family. I used to sell the bike I was riding when I purchased a new one, but my S-Works M2 has given me almost 9 years of riding bliss. I just cant part with her.

I am going to purchase a Airborne Black Widow or a Paka-Wallup. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each style of frame. I just moved to Houston Texas and we have a lots of cool trails mostly flat but I take at least 3 road trips a year and I always bring my bike so I ride a nice mix.

Im getting back into riding. Before I moved to Houston I had no time after colledge. I have a new job in a state with a year round riding climate and lots of time.

From what i found out from the many bike shops is this; most people that buy full suspension bikes buys them for ...comfort,high tech look.Full suspension bikes are also known as DH or down hill...why you ask ?,try go on a steep hill on a bike with rear suspension...you'll die :mad: ! oh if you do cliff jumps or that crazy stuff a full suspension bike may just save you from killing yourself :eek: ,now there are bikes with full suspension where you can lock the rear suspension so basicaly you turn your bike into a hard tail.Hard tail bikes are more versatile bacause they perform not too bad on DH,bad for cliff jumps thou :cool: ,they pick up way,way better speed (you ever saw a race road bike with any suspension ?,well there are three suspension forms on road bikes;the saddle,the 120 lbs in your tires and your ass :D ),less things to wear out :p ,you can climb hills like crazy,plus if you saw the Athens Olympics mountain biking comp they all were on hard tails ,must be a reason.
Hope this helps.
Dan :)